• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Nintendo Wii. Dangerous Weapon!

Moonman

NLC
My sister purchased her new LCD (A Toshiba 42", about $1800) a week ago. This weekend, she borrowed her mates Wii.

A few games of bowling were had. It was the tiebreaker game. The sweat was building. It was the last ball.....my ball....

Disaster struck...Gutter ball? Missed the split? Jumped lanes?

Nope.

Smashed the week old LCD with the Wiimote. OfCourse!

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=27042008005.jpg

Is this covered under warranty? :p

Before anyone asks, the wrist strap was on. Either it wasn't tight enough, or I didn't have the clip clipped properly, I dunno.

:lol:

Nah, it wouldn't be covered under warranty. If you're lucky, home insurance might do it, but it's not a given.

BTW, haven't seen you around in a long time. You probably don't remember me (I'm Colin/TM/themoose).

:lol:

Nah, it wouldn't be covered under warranty. If you're lucky, home insurance might do it, but it's not a given.

BTW, haven't seen you around in a long time. You probably don't remember me (I'm Colin/TM/themoose).

Yeah I remember you. I've sortof been popping in and out fairly....non regularly :p

RL Crap keeps getting in the way of my online time!

No insurance on it. I'm paying for it. I thought I'd share for the enjoyment of others :)

Yeah I remember you. I've sortof been popping in and out fairly....non regularly :p

RL Crap keeps getting in the way of my online time!

Oh, the horror :lol:

76210055.jpg

Damn... I've nearly smashed my light and table a few times while playing on the Wii but luckily I haven't hit the TV yet.

Did you get the free rubber cover for the Wii Remote? I'm not sure if that would have helped but it might have. I got a WiiMail about it a while back then registered and received it for free from Nintendo.

[JSH]John;985820 said:
Did you get the free rubber cover for the Wii Remote? I'm not sure if that would have helped but it might have.

Looking at the TV...It didn't help! :p

I'm just curious, did you have one of those plastic cases on it? the one that is just clear plastic with no grip? so it keeps it "clean". My friend has that on hers, it's a pain to play with, once your hands start sweating, you're screwed.

I must admit, Nintendo where stupid when they first released it, with just a rubber thing on it, to push it down to your wrist, but at least they quickly released the straps with the clip.

bad luck.. my normal tv is too small to hit it with a Wii-mote. That just broke when you turned it on :p

is the screen cracked, or, does it look like it could just be defective. if it is that new, you could say you got it as a gift, adn just plugged it in, and it was like that. :p

is the screen cracked, or, does it look like it could just be defective. if it is that new, you could say you got it as a gift, adn just plugged it in, and it was like that. :p

Yeah, that might actually work!

And you could say she gave it to you which is why it took a week to open... :lol:

Not of course that I, nor FWS, endorses fraud :p

If its the older model will with out the new strap, Nintendo will possibly buy a new TV. They have done it plenty of times before.

He said he didn't have the clip closed, which means a new model which don't break, so no they won't. Wetware, not hardware.

IS it just me, or has some moderation occurred in this thread?

I was just thinking that :ninja:
The crack on the tv though is in a weird place. i was thinking it would be somewhere in the middle, not near the top :p

Jan decided to censor me and remove my right to free speech. God, I love America.Reminds me of: Let's make a bill that allows us to literally do WHATEVER we want, even if it against the law. (Referring to the Patriot act)

I'm waiting for a nazi moderator to say 'If you don't like it, there's the door"

Dude, don't let's be ridiculous and bring up free speech on a forum, and especially not "I love Amurrica, lawl, I cannot has freedoms?" Let alone a forum owned by a Swede and primarily moderated by an Australian, mmk?

I hope your sister really likes you Moonman. I'd make my siblings pay if they broke my brand-new $1800 TV.

Back