• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Nintendo 64

XeonGX

Hello everybody,

Click [youtube video]

Christmas present.... :lol:

Last edited:
:lol: Xeon why must you post like 2 year old videos :( Anyways, I've seen that video before... still good though :)

I was just looking for this today after reading the wikipedia article, also I just brought out my 64 and games yesterday to play. Nice timing, the N64 was clearly the best console ever created by Nintendo (even better than the wii) and it surpasses the play station line of consoles by a long shot.

I still have mine in the other room. I play it every now and then. I think I'm still borrowing my friends Mario Kart oops :eek: better return it soon! :lol:

Back in Syria only one of my friend had one,
hes father sent it from Australia.
it was really something new and a lot of fun.

I was just looking for this today after reading the wikipedia article, also I just brought out my 64 and games yesterday to play. Nice timing, the N64 was clearly the best console ever created by Nintendo (even better than the wii) and it surpasses the play station line of consoles by a long shot.

I am going to have to disagree with you there on a few points.

The SNES was nintendo's best console.

The Playstation was better than Nintendo 64.

Super Nintendo and Playstation both have more high quality games than the 64 ever did.

Firts off, you ever try playing a rpg on 64? What options do you have? Quest 64? That game sucks balls.

OF course, the FPS on a console was pretty much invented on the 64, with golden eye and later re-invented with perfect dark, but playstation has plenty of FPS that are just as good, and also RPG's, shooters, and fighting games worth playing.

Not that 64 doesn't have it's merits. I believe that the greatest game ever is Mario 64, the aformentioned Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Also, Diddy Kong racing was a superior sequel to Mario Cart 64 even if it was more for kids.

Well... in some ways Diddy Kong racing was better, I still like Mario Kart better though. I also prefer Golden Eye to Perfect Dark

I am going to have to disagree with you there on a few points.

The SNES was nintendo's best console.

The Playstation was better than Nintendo 64.

Super Nintendo and Playstation both have more high quality games than the 64 ever did.

Firts off, you ever try playing a rpg on 64? What options do you have? Quest 64? That game sucks balls.

OF course, the FPS on a console was pretty much invented on the 64, with golden eye and later re-invented with perfect dark, but playstation has plenty of FPS that are just as good, and also RPG's, shooters, and fighting games worth playing.

Not that 64 doesn't have it's merits. I believe that the greatest game ever is Mario 64, the aformentioned Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. Also, Diddy Kong racing was a superior sequel to Mario Cart 64 even if it was more for kids.

The N64 was much better than the playstation in my opinion. What games did PS1 have, sure some racing games that maybe have some more realistic graphics but you put them down after a month, a Harvest moon that takes ages to load, Spyral? N64 has classic games like Diddy Kong Racing, Mario 64, Mario Kart, Mario Party, Harvest Moon (the ultimate HM) and many more. Super Nintendo had terrible graphics naturally and the N64 was much better with far superior games.

I think it all comes down to what you grew up with, I naturally have a stronger affinity towards N64, the Game Gear, Dreamcast, those sort of things. While I have played so many consoles of the years including some even beyond me like the Commodore 64 and the Colecovision, somehow I can still get back to my N64 roots even to this day. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to gaming. I could care less about graphics, it's all game play and having fun with friends.

While I have played so many consoles of the years including some even beyond me like the Commodore 64 and the Colecovision, somehow I can still get back to my N64 roots even to this day. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes to gaming. I could care less about graphics, it's all game play and having fun with friends.

I'm the same - I guess that's why I am just so fussy about what games I can actually stick to, and enjoy. Most games have nice graphics now, but the plot, the gameplay, is just so severely lacking.

'Beyond Good & Evil', for example, had beautiful graphics (although not the most up to date), but where it really shone as a game was the characters, the plot, the fun gameplay. I had been looking at purchasing it, and the thing that pushed me into buying it was a review that said, "This is the kind of game you will see sitting in your collection, and it will make you smile". </mushy>.

On a slight tangent here, too, what is going on with game boxes? I bought a game recently which, on the back cover, there were " screenshots " of actual gameplay. I loaded the game, and not even the cut scenes were half the quality of the so-called 'screenshots' featured. I know that artwork on boxes is always better than the actual gameplay, and that's to be expected. But when they purposely make it look as though that is how the game will play, and everyone who saw it: myself, male friend and guy working at EB, thought that was what the game was like.. Well, I think it's a bit of a joke personally.

All i'm saying is that SNES was better than 64 and playstation was better than the 64 as well.

This is after much research on the subject.

You sure got that right, I remember the endless nights of me playing mortal kombact triliogy.

... What games did PS1 have ....

Uh....

+ Metal Gear Solid

(Really, I shouldn't even have to continue this list at this point but I will humor you with a few more examples)

+ Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
+ Gran Turismo
+ Resident Evil
+ Tenchu: Stealth Assassins
+ Syphon Filter
+ Driver
+ Crash Bandicoot
+ Silent Hill
+ Tekken
+ Final Fantasy

Back