• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Next Windows OS

Anyone been running the Dev Preview? I have for a few weeks. It's quite neat. I'm going to revert back to dual boot with Windows 7 though, its unusable without working apps like MacDrive etc. Its really nice, I really wish Microsoft remove the new explorer though, it's hideous. Just leave it as Window 7's. Can't change size options of title bars etc. like you have been able to do in Windows for how long? Other thing is it's so square and dull, just totally out of place. New features in explorer give it a nice touch. Takes a bit of getting used to but its not that different. They really should have set a Dev Preview Market for it, there's no way to see how it will work. Other thing is they need to work some settings that are seen in Windows 7 and remove them, they're not needed and unusable to Windows 8, just looks sloppy. All is to be expected in an advancement of Windows 7 and as a Preview.

Want to see what its like on a tablet, really don't see this working at all on touch desktop computers, laptops possibly, but not after the novelty wears off. The new UI start menu needs a lot of customization options, maybe even the choice to have a normal start menu that people are used to. Many people won't take nicely to it, but its not a move in the wrong direction for Microsoft. Like to see the impact it has on Windows Phone 7 sales. I personally don't like WP7 that much, way too simplistic in customization.

Im not thinking to upgrade again my laptop for win 8, first of all, my laptop already have a lot of important files on it, second, should be not compatible with win 8.

not changing to Win8 soon

I will not change to Win8 as I am very happy with Win7.

Windows versions are released too soon after each other.

What more features from a new OS do I need ?

I've heard some negative comments about the forthcoming release of Windows 8 public beta. They said who's using touchscreen in desk tops?

Back