• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

News Management -- Without Perl or PHP

agiantdwarf

I use Coranto Beta for my news updates (http://internetlibrary.vr9.com) because I need a system to archive and update my front page without doing it manually. Unfortunately, this limits the number of hosts I may use that are free (please no "get a paid host" comments here). I use vr9, but it isn't great. It's the best I can do.

Ok, the point of this thread is:
Is there any way I could manage my website like I do with Coranto Beta without Perl, iwth little effort?

Explain your methods here.

Thanks,
Elan

editor

I doubt it really, another way that I can think of right now is if the host has a web editor. Really though something like Coranto is your best bet. Or you could have a news page as a forum, but if a host takes forum then they'll take coranto.

Kudos

You may edit your file manualy. then upload it again (and again). if you dont use CGI. (vr9 doesn't support PHP). But go ahead, look for a script.

To those that might be slightly interested, I'm making a C++ script that if you have an FTP account, you can manage your website with this program.
It'll be done in a month or two. Mind if I announce it here?

hmm

dunno if this is a solution, but you could use SSI and only edit the include to do updates?

I have a vr9 account, and I think I remember them having SSI or maybe they changed?
here's a FWS search of hosts that support SSI if your interested.

Back