• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Newbie Requiers Hosting For ecomerce site

nribs

Hi,

I am looking for hosting for a new ecomerce site i hope to start..

I am based in the UK and will be selling mainly fashion items i-e watches jewelery etc. I will not be selling adult products

As i am a cmplete novice i don't think i will be needing a lot of bandwidth tostart with or a great deal of storage, enough to host my comerce site

I will be taking gudence from you guys but i need something fast and stable?

Good support is a must as I am going to need it lol

Hello,

I believe my hosting would suit you nicely. You would receive 24 hour technical support at no charge. The hosting would include 800 mb of disk space, 15 gb bandwidth. Unlimited domains, so you could host multiple separate osCommerce sites if you wanted to. E-mail support as well and even mailing lists. Check us out: http://www.dontgetcaughtwithoutone.com/

Hi,

I am looking for hosting for a new ecomerce site i hope to start..

I am based in the UK and will be selling mainly fashion items i-e watches jewelery etc. I will not be selling adult products

As i am a cmplete novice i don't think i will be needing a lot of bandwidth tostart with or a great deal of storage, enough to host my comerce site

I will be taking gudence from you guys but i need something fast and stable?

Good support is a must as I am going to need it lol

If your starting up and selling get some paid hosting, it doesn't cost too much and if in the UK a UK host might be a better bet unless your selling internationally.

Free might seem tempting when starting out, but for business purposes £2 a month is nothing.

Just getting started? I could offer the following:

384Mb Disk Space
10Gb Bandwidth
5 Features (Databases, ftp accounts, etc)
No ads or posting required

Signup Here

If your starting up and selling get some paid hosting, it doesn't cost too much and if in the UK a UK host might be a better bet unless your selling internationally.

Free might seem tempting when starting out, but for business purposes £2 a month is nothing.

Thanks folks, i am gong to have a look at your offers :)

Decker, i was looking a UK hosting when i stumbled across these forums , I am happy to pay but it all seemed a bit of a minefield, I am a complete novice and trying my best to do some research, I also notice your from Scotland? Where about? i'm in fife

Bloody hell I'm in Fife, STALKER!!!

No just having a laugh, your not though are you? You can't send pm's yet so...

The offers are ok, but if you want to run a business get paid hosting and it doesn't cost much to get started, some of the free hosts might actually be okay for it. Have you decided on a web site payment type, or a shopping cart type script?

Replied to your mails, ask some others about the shopping cart options.

Plenty around and ask to get some opinions :)

I can offer the following for that:
1 GB Disk Space
5 GB Bandwidth
PHP, MySQL, cPanel, E-Mail, FTP
Softaculous 144 Script Installer (Has E-Commerce Sites!)

All of the above on a server that has:
Quad-Core Intel Processor
12 GB RAM
4 TB SATA II HDD
CentOS Apache

For ABSOLUTELY FREE, no ads, link-backs, NOTHING. Completely free!
Contact me at: sales@flyhosts.co.cc and we will get you set up!

SeraphimLabs can do this.

1 Subdomain
1 MySQL Database
5GB/month bandwidth
500MB storage
Virtualmin control panel
PHP, CGI, Perl
Single Banner Ad
Starting at: $0/month (Single Banner Ad)
Free Plan

It'll do quite nicely for getting your project started and will last as long as you need it. Later on if you want to do away with the ad, it wouldn't take much to get switched to one of my paid plans.

There's a number of ways to get in touch with me to get support as well. I'm usually available by email or on my IRC in the evenings Eastern time, and check in daily to make sure everyone gets the help they need.

Last edited:
I can offer the following for that: Contact me at: sales@ and we will get you set up!

You have a site almost setup and a billing system the same. Why you didn't post a link to the signup to the larger free one which is on your billing system though the smaller one isn't. iHost is almost there on your site but you've missed out on the offered package (you've also been offering it around) it takes less time to setup that package than to offer it all over. Unprofessional to say the least.

SeraphimLabs can do this. (Single Banner Ad)

There's a number of ways to get in touch with me to get support as well. I'm usually available by email or on my IRC in the evenings Eastern time, and check in daily to make sure everyone gets the help they need.

The guy has admitted he's starting out, your support is through IRC mainly (your forum seems gone too) to integrate a banner on a shopping cart would be outside his arena.

Your hosting is not really for newbies :)

The guy has admitted he's starting out, your support is through IRC mainly (your forum seems gone too) to integrate a banner on a shopping cart would be outside his arena.

Your hosting is not really for newbies :)

I had to take the forum down because it was getting overrun by bots and wasn't really active. Will remove the link on my site in the next update.

Integrating the banner isn't horrible, most of the time I just pick up the site's footer code and put it there if someone isn't particular about where it appears when they don't know how to install it themselves. I'm pretty flexible about where the banner appears as long as it is visible on the majority of the pages.

Plus more often than not I don't even actually put the ads out on a site unless I see that it is getting regular activity on order of a few hundred hits a day or more.

Last edited:
They need a script that just runs though mate, you'd have to go in and hack shopping cart scripts and then that would throw it all to hell.

They're starting out and your hosting is more for plain vanilla sites or scripts that are easy to stick a header or footer include into.

Plus more often than not I don't even actually put the ads out on a site unless I see that it is getting regular activity on order of a few hundred hits a day or more.
Sensible enough,but still wouldn't work with the above :)

They need a script that just runs though mate, you'd have to go in and hack shopping cart scripts and then that would throw it all to hell.

They're starting out and your hosting is more for plain vanilla sites or scripts that are easy to stick a header or footer include into.

Sensible enough,but still wouldn't work with the above :)

Is this new client running auto-generated pages on every page? Couldn't the client just manually insert the banner on the static pages that aren't using checkout scripts?

Hi,

I am looking for hosting for a new e-commerce site i hope to start..

As i am a complete novice i don't think i will be needing a lot of bandwidth to start with or a great deal of storage, enough to host my comerce site

I will be taking guidance from you guys but i need something fast and stable?

Good support is a must as I am going to need it...

Hiya. Power to you for trying to start humble, but I am curious if you have figured out your inventory yet and taken pictures. In the discussion of "how big is a website" my hunch says that product pages are going to multiply on you and slowly climb up your usage. If I were to buy from your site I want to be "dazzled" by "all that you have to offer".

Just the sheer selection etc is a sales aspect, it's like the virtual version of a mall. 1 page with watches and "buy now" has an eerie feeling for me. I'd want to be able to click and poke about and Read More and Zoom Larger etc. All of it is easy enough to program, but if you think your loader page for watches has 10 watches on it, you have the Zoom pic and the Read More page for each, there's 10 more pages and 10 bigger pics.

So anyway, depending on who is offering what here, you might need to chain two offers together - one host for the top page / checkout / advanced support and the second with more of the "inventory" pages.

Is this new client running auto-generated pages on every page? Couldn't the client just manually insert the banner on the static pages that aren't using checkout scripts?

I've suggested they start out with a cart, OSCommerce, CubeCart something along those lines. To keep it simple where they can simply add a product with images and description (so it can dazzle Tao:lol:) and that would have a shopping cart that items are added to right through to checkout and payment. So after setup the site owner just needs to keep the product catalogue up to date.

Adding banners to a cart script would be a nightmare if you don't know what your doing, and would look horrible!

Back