• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Site layout...

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL, well I have no future plans of visiting your site so it doesn't really bother me. I was just giving some thoughts on the design. :p

use arial or verdana for the font. it is easy to read, and gives the site a clean fell. also, the site is starting to look much better. you put the header in a cell on the table with the table having a border, nice touch, but if you are going to do that, like i said before, and will say again, expande the header to the same width as everything else. it is still not uniform. the nav looks better, but could be improved a little. put a picture in the header. also, i am glad you removed that goofy php coding that you had in the last header. just didnt make sence.

now, about your domain, you need to get a .com, .org, .net or something like that.

where the two menus are, dont put the word "Navigation" there.

also, people dont want to read about you when they go to a non-personal site. they want to see the stuff advertised. getting better, but still needs improvement. keep working at it, and you will get it perfect

Bruce said:
LOL, well I have no future plans of visiting your site so it doesn't really bother me. I was just giving some thoughts on the design. :p
lol, bruce, you sure do speak your mind sometimes. haha :lol:

jstgermain said:
use arial or verdana for the font. it is easy to read, and gives the site a clean fell. also, the site is starting to look much better. you put the header in a cell on the table with the table having a border, nice touch, but if you are going to do that, like i said before, and will say again, expande the header to the same width as everything else. it is still not uniform. the nav looks better, but could be improved a little. put a picture in the header. also, i am glad you removed that goofy php coding that you had in the last header. just didnt make sence.

now, about your domain, you need to get a .com, .org, .net or something like that.

where the two menus are, dont put the word "Navigation" there.

also, people dont want to read about you when they go to a non-personal site. they want to see the stuff advertised. getting better, but still needs improvement. keep working at it, and you will get it perfect

I didn't have PHP at all on my site before, that was all JavaScript. Also, this is basically a personal site anyway... I'll think about putting Arial/Verdana/Tahoma on my site.

choosing those fonts is a great idea. if the site is personal, then it is fine i guess, but from the name i42designs, it seems to be more of a company name or something. that is why i asked. :D if you are doing php an dmysql now, great. that is the best way to go.

Well actually, now my site is HTMl/CSS. I was going to do PHP like my site #3 (This is site number/design number 13 that I currently have up now.) back when I was still IGBNII or DBOP/DOZA... but I've gotten more away from that unless I really need it. However jstger, ZO seems to be down at the moment, so I cannot connnect via FTP.

You also haven't added me via MSNM I believe since last night (When I added you like a day and a half ago like you wanted.)

You show up as well jstger... Also, I've updated my SMF 1.0.7 so that the shoutbox is in its own box. If you view it in FF, Konquerer, Safari, etc. The box will be squished/smashed towards the top with the shoutbox flying into it. I know the position: relative is on it... but would that make any difference taking it off? :S

I just took it off, Konquerer displays it even as if it were position relative. What's wrong with it?

I got it now... I set the hight of it to 290px. I hope that doesn't disturb IE users.

Last edited:
now you are getting the hang of it. looks much better. check you code though. the links page table is a little wider than the home page.

According to DW/IE at home, it's only 1 ~ 3 pixels bigger. And I can't change that back, as Dreamweaver says it's the same on all pages.

I dont like the gray and I dont like the header..
and I think it's a bit to simple, put same images in it to make it looks nicer..

I'm not doing Rollovers again Garfield+. Those things sicken me, and ImageReady sickens me even more than rollovers.

jstgermain said:
message me on MSN and send me the file, and i will fix it for you bro. :D

I won't be able to until this weekend, and even then, I'll not have the pages themselves. You'd best download them via the server itself and e-mail them to me.

Last edited:
iyeru42 said:
I'm not doing Rollovers again Garfield+. Those things sicken me, and ImageReady sickens me even more than rollovers.

I won't be able to until this weekend, and even then, I'll not have the pages themselves. You'd best download them via the server itself and e-mail them to me.
well, i wont be on again till monday more than likley. i getting married on Saturday

and you can do rollovers without using images. just use css

That's what I do for rollovers currently. By the way jstger, I never get online during the week unless it is at school, and even then I can't send them to you... as I use Web Messenger, which DOES NOT support file transfers.

If I could do it at school send them via e-mail to you, that would be great, BUT... knowing GoLive! or the school server, it may mess up.

On Tuesdays and Thursdays during the night I won't be availible for the next two weeks because I'm at College Classes during that time. During the day in the week, I'm at High School from ABout 7 AM ~ 3:30 PM Central Time.

ok, check it out. i put it on my server as a test for you

http://www.smokingwoodies.com/i42

if it looks ok to you, i will zip and send it. dont take the source becuase you will mess up the setup. there are seperate files for the header and footer, and then the main text area. you wont see that though if you look at the source. it is becuas ei used php include. simplified the way you will update the site. :D

jstgermain said:
ok, check it out. i put it on my server as a test for you

http://www.smokingwoodies.com/i42

if it looks ok to you, i will zip and send it. dont take the source becuase you will mess up the setup. there are seperate files for the header and footer, and then the main text area. you wont see that though if you look at the source. it is becuas ei used php include. simplified the way you will update the site. :D

Thanks jstger, it looks great now. Please send me the zip file whenever you want. I may not be able to download it at school though. You should know my gmail.com account, so I'll leave it at that.

iyeru42 said:
Thanks jstger, it looks great now. Please send me the zip file whenever you want. I may not be able to download it at school though. You should know my gmail.com account, so I'll leave it at that.
email sent. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back