• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New site I worked on a lot :)

outkast

I just updated the site because I didn't like having a template in which a lot of other people used. So, here it is:

http://www.4webh.com

Like it?
Any good colour combinations I should add?

Next job, 2webh.com :D
Thanks

I appreciate you for not using a template. Your site looks simple, yet is very effective. I like it. Only real problem I can think of is that it isn't 'flashy', and that might cost you some customers who just happen to browse onto your site verses someone who browses onto another hosting site that is graphic intense. This isnt a real disaster, just use some proper advertising and good PR on some boards like this one and I think you are set.

And get rid of all that crap on top of your banner on your forums. If you really want to throw a google adsense here and there, put it in between the forums or under the banner.

Yup not much eyecandy and we all need some every now and then.
Those buttons/banners at the bottom are huge compared to the rest. That whole table has almost the same height as the banner.

Uhhh. I dont wana sound mean but I think you need to redo it again cuz it doesnt look good. You need to look around other big hosting sites and shit and get some ideas from them. Plus you need the forum to have the same domain. If you have two domains then you want to have two separate sites where all the content of one site is in one domain in one place so people would think that it is professional and you might also want to get another domain name with a name that makes sense. the domain you have now can be used for other things instead of a hosting company.

abush said:
Uhhh. I dont wana sound mean but I think you need to redo it again cuz it doesnt look good. You need to look around other big hosting sites and shit and get some ideas from them. Plus you need the forum to have the same domain. If you have two domains then you want to have two separate sites where all the content of one site is in one domain in one place so people would think that it is professional and you might also want to get another domain name with a name that makes sense. the domain you have now can be used for other things instead of a hosting company.

Actually, 2webh.com is known for free hosting and 4webh.com sounds like a better extension. The forums are fine, I have a paid support area, I just needed some critiques on the design. Thanks for the suggestions so far :)

Hmmmm there is something missing. Your design reminds me of a small computer store's site.... But I cannot place my finger on what exactly it is.

Hmmm I think I got it! Make the top more like an actual header. Most simple sites are just a white background with some things put on it. Your site kinda looks the same way in that your areas for information/navication/ads are not seperated enough. I believe that is why it reminds me of a small time computer hardware site....

Try and put a grey background that runs from under the top buttons, to the top of the black outline.

Another idea would be to use CSS so that the whole cell background is a link. So that your nav is more like buttons than just links in boxes.

I think thats it. :)

I tried the grey bg and it wasn't that good. I now changed the menus to CSS, it looks better and it actually makes it look better :)

Thanks for the idea

outkast said:
I tried the grey bg and it wasn't that good. I now changed the menus to CSS, it looks better and it actually makes it look better :)

Thanks for the idea

Firefox doesnt like it.

outkast said:
Actually, 2webh.com is known for free hosting and 4webh.com sounds like a better extension. The forums are fine, I have a paid support area, I just needed some critiques on the design. Thanks for the suggestions so far :)

hmm i make you a layout for a reseller acount, and i make you over $500-700 if you have google ads justt for ur 2nd reseller plan

Well, I heard of those sites before. But never had the honor of going, well....I went to 2webh but I can't register. You working on it now and is that why I can't? o_O

Back