• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New SI program.

not to metion our actors russel crowe.

Yes, but Australia has laid claim to all of your best entertainment exports. ;)

Ask anyone overseas where Russell Crowe, Jane Campion and Sam Neil come from, and they'll say "Australia".

As for vegemite, Robert, it's a taste sensation that you have to try...if only to tell people how wacky those Aussies are for preferring this over peanut butter and jelly. ;)

Originally posted by Czar
And what do you think we are? ;)

Maybe we're the mainland and the rest of the world is one huge island...

Still, I think New Zealand is significant enough to avoid being ignored...isn't it?

;)
i'd say the mainland is wherever the OC48 fiber is at :p

anyways (no offense to anyone), besides new zealand there's nothing beside australia... Well, nothing anyone 'notices'...

Besides, Weapon, you really shouldn't get ticked off like that... I've had several accounts where people were convinced Belgium was in New York... (... the country Belgium...)

LoL
also, i've caught a few people trying to convince me Europe is one of the 50 states...

ah, almost forgot. New Zealand's got some damn good programmers... Hmm, let's see if i remember right. Isn't the guy that programmed Samba from New Zealand? (the price for the software: one pizza at the local pizza hut)

BTW: you can most likly get vegemite from anyone who sells kraft products. VEGEMITE ROCKS! im an addict myself.

Originally posted by Czar
There are plenty of networks that are SE Asia-centric, such as BMCmedia, Adclick and BullsEyeAdNet, who are better suited to your audience.

Hey Czar, I know I'm a webmaster, just a webmaster from Asia, and it doesn't mean my Audience is from Asia too, based from my site logs, 70% of them from US, and the other are from the rest of the world.. it is worldwide site.. but made by a webmaster from Asia, note that SI don't accept WEBMASTERS from almost (maybe all, I'm not a geographist) Asian country. unlike the other ad agencies which they still accept worldwide webmasters, but with English content, no matter where the webmasters live.

So go with someone else...

CJ, perhaps?

There are so many affiliate managers/ad networks around that complaining about SI only accepting webmasters from a few countries is just a waste of time.

hehehh..
Czar, I already with CJ, but no approval yet from 40 merchants I applied 2 days ago.

I'm with BeFree now, they're great, but the only problem is that the checks are sent by each merchant.. :(

Programmer 2k,

No one from SI said anything about not accepting certain nations because "it costs more money."

Please don't start making things up.

There are many fine ad networks that accept all nations and all different types of websites. I suggest you use them and stop concerning yourself with SI.

hmmm

Robert from SI

I've deleted my reply
I suggest you do the same

besides
I'm not concerned with SI

You've never replied
even before I made the post that ticked you off
I don't know why you should've been though
It was only about why SI didn't reply

I got a new ad host now
which is none of your concern

Let's drop this okay?
I don't have anything against you
and
I don't know who the hell you are anyways

[Edited by programmer2k on 04-01-2001 at 11:58 PM]

Hey read this:

Programmer 2k,

No one from SI said anything about not accepting certain nations because "it costs more money."

There are many fine ad networks that accept all nations and all different types of websites. I suggest you use them and stop concerning yourself with SI.

By Robert From SI

None of the above
I wrote to SI why I is my country being denied? and he said it's because of the cost of posting cheques and other processing costs..they come out too high.

by lastactionhero

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3443

[Edited by programmer2k on 04-02-2001 at 12:08 AM]

Re: Hey read this:

Originally posted by programmer2k
Let's drop this okay?
I don't have anything against you
and
I don't know who the hell you are anyways

Originally posted by programmer2k
Programmer 2k,

By Robert From SI

None of the above
I wrote to SI why I is my country being denied? and he said it's because of the cost of posting cheques and other processing costs..they come out too high.

by lastactionhero

http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=3443

[Edited by programmer2k on 04-02-2001 at 12:08 AM]

Does anyone else see the irony? ;)

I dislike people going back against their own word, obviously as much as you... but this surley isn't the way to illiustrate it properly.

I'll state it clearly for you right now and eliminate any confusion.

No one from SI said that we make banned nation decisions based on the cost of sending checks. That's completely ridiculous.

It costs the exact same amount ($0.68 I believe) to mail a check to the UK or Australia as it does to Turkmenistan, and Romania.

Why don't you let it drop.

hmm, okay okay, last question:
is this some kind of hatred caused by some political actions, or some religius or something?
sorry, but I just wanna know the reason banning those countries.. it's not fair banning countries, I agree if banning the people in it, but not the entire country?

[Edited by Dodzzz on 04-02-2001 at 10:40 AM]

We have no "hatred" for any persons from any country.

It is purely a business decision as we have found it grossly unprofitable to transact business with webmasters from those nations.

I agree that it isn't fair.

It's also not fair that SI admins spend half their time fighting fraud. It's also not fair that we have a full time tech making $50,000.00/year who does nothing but combat fraud. It's not fair that we lose hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in fraud and lost productivity fighting fraud.

None of these things are fair.

hmm, yeah, you're right.
but how about Japan?
you ban Japan too, while Japanese cars like Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Mitsubishi etc are widely used by US citizens, even in world Rally championships.
hmmm better you stay away from those cars for your policy sake. :)
and consoles like Nintendo, Sega, playstation, etc etc etc kinda have mutual relationship between US and Japan.
and lots of Jap goodies out there used by US citizens..

looking for my sig? well, this is my sig.. hmmmm
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dodzzz,
Founder, Squaregallery,
Anime & J-Ent Picture Gallery,
http://www.squaregallery.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------

[Edited by Dodzzz on 04-02-2001 at 11:26 AM]

doodz,

You're right. I like Stolichnaya vodka too. We are unfairly banning Russia as well.

Why don't you open an affiliate program exclusivly for those nations. Obviously we are bufoons and are leaving millions of dollars on the table. You could be making all of it.

I'll wait patiently for it to open.

Back