• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New hosting site

Nice simple design.

One suggestion though: the stroke is a bit too much, lower it down to maybe 1 or even 2 (that is, if you are using Photoshop).

The logo at the top would look better without the color burn/dodge IMO.

I like it the way it is. Simple design but looks quite professional, not to mention the clean look. ;)

Thanks for all the comments everyone! I'm not sure if I want to change the navigation bar or not. I like it, but it is my site. heh I'll see if I can't figure out a way to make it easier to read. Thanks again. :)

Your logo on the top should not be a background. It repeats when viewed at higher resolutions.

Ok, I'll try to fix the image. I had it like that because I didn't want 800 x 600 users to have a scroll bar. Any suggestions on how I can make it look good for everyone?

Originally posted by Hophost
Ok, I'll try to fix the image. I had it like that because I didn't want 800 x 600 users to have a scroll bar. Any suggestions on how I can make it look good for everyone?

You mean from left to right? Well, to get rid of the scrollbar, just set your table width to 100%. Then the table will automatically size itself to fit into the user's screen. Good luck - and I liked your site quite a lot. The design is very nice. :)

Originally posted by Hophost

There are several ways. One way that will make it look exactly the same like its now but without the repetition at higher resolutions would be to "split" your top image into 2.
One would be just your logo "hophost.com" and the other will be the blue background. Then change that blue baground in a way that the left part will match seamesly with the right. You can do that with some cut and paste and touch up the edges. (check google with something like "how to create backgrounds" if you don't know to make them) Programs like PSP can do it for you.

Then when you do that just put that blue background as background the way you have it now and place your "hophost.com" image on top of it aligned on the right.

Of course there are many ways to do it .. this is just one ...

Maybe you should fill up the "content" column of your site with something. It barely reaches halfway down your nav bar and leaves a gaping white space.

The navigation system needs a little work, but other than that, the site looks pretty darn good! Nice Job!

By the way, I like the top image it looks very advanced. I hope to make images like that someday too. ;)

Is a clean fresh look, but I somehow think it's "cluttered". But that's just me! :D Text could be smaller etc......
OK, now I'm rambling on and on...

Back