• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Hosting Company

cpf

b&
Hello everyone. We have just got a big server with cpanel and fantastico. We are soon getting a domain but until that we are located at http://cpf.uni.cc

Please check the hosting plans out.

SERVER INFO:
Intel(R) Pentium 2.8Ghz
2423.904 MHz
1 GB Registered DDR RAM
RedHat Linux
cPanel (latest version - 9.3)
Fantastico DeLuexe Included

Please check out or hosting plans on our main website. Click Here to go directly to our plans page.

Thanks.

(if you have any suggestions please reply)

--
To singup just fill out the order form. The payment is by check or money order.

Last edited:
ok sorry about this. If someone could transfer it, it would be fine.

Do you like my hosting deals? or should i change something.

Don't you think... i dunno.. that you should have a domain. How can someone give you money when you can't even afford to get a domain name? Or even an SSL for secure ordering...

Umm a 2.4 celeron? I mean really, you should invest in some serious hardware... I mean heck you can get an athlon XP and it would be better than that celeron.

yes i am. I have changed the server now.

I have upgraded the server to a intel Pentium 4 server and also have a t1 internet connection.

* I am getting a domain name in a week because i am trying to find the best reliable company.

Umm a 2.4 celeron? I mean really, you should invest in some serious hardware... I mean heck you can get an athlon XP and it would be better than that celeron.

I'm sorry but what is wrong with a 2.4 GHz Celeron. If you knew a lot about server you would probally know a 2.4 GHz Celeron could run as fast as any other server if it is properly maintainted and is not fully packed in.

Last edited:
yes that is very true. i am sorry you cannot trust me. I mean we give you a 30 day money back so its too bad. so i mean try the host, if you dont like it we will refund your money.

PremiumHosted said:
I'm sorry but what is wrong with a 2.4 GHz Celeron. If you knew a lot about server you would probally know a 2.4 GHz Celeron could run as fast as any other server if it is properly maintainted and is not fully packed in.

Yes I do know a good deal about servers. Almost anything can run fas if its "not fully packed". But from his post it sounds as if he has one server!

Also do you know anything about processor performance? Umm can you say lack of cache? Not all processors are made equal. Maybe you should head over the anandtech.com some time and read some article.

Basically your statement is pointless. A single celeron is a very weak processor. I would not want a real site hosted on one knowing other sites were on it. Heck I would not want a single site on a celeron. And for the price you could have gone with an athlon XP and would have had much better performance....

All I will say is that from you name it sounds like you are a host. My only comments to you are that I would never get hosting from you. Secondly I believe you are only defending the celeron because you made the unwise choice of using one.

Finally I would bet money that he is running the database server off of the same machine. A celeron would die under any real database work.

Remy Canad said:
Yes I do know a good deal about servers. Almost anything can run fas if its "not fully packed". But from his post it sounds as if he has one server!

Also do you know anything about processor performance? Umm can you say lack of cache? Not all processors are made equal. Maybe you should head over the anandtech.com some time and read some article.

Basically your statement is pointless. A single celeron is a very weak processor. I would not want a real site hosted on one knowing other sites were on it. Heck I would not want a single site on a celeron. And for the price you could have gone with an athlon XP and would have had much better performance....

All I will say is that from you name it sounds like you are a host. My only comments to you are that I would never get hosting from you. Secondly I believe you are only defending the celeron because you made the unwise choice of using one.

Finally I would bet money that he is running the database server off of the same machine. A celeron would die under any real database work.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with celerons. Back in the days the celerons didn't have a cache, the new ones do. Furthermore, with sufficient amount of ram, you shouldn't have any problems.

Hmm now he upgraded to a PIV 2.8
I never know that a PIV 2.8 ghz only had 2.4 ghz!

This is a normal PIV 2.8 server : (our server)
Processor Info

Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Processor #1 speed: 2813.565 MHz
Processor #1 cache size: 512 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #2 Name: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
Processor #2 speed: 2813.565 MHz
Processor #2 cache size: 512 KB

I would never trust you for any of my sites!

oh well. i got many hosting requests for the free accounts. You can check out the demo account here.

http://cpf.zapto.org/cpanel

username: demoacc
password: demoacc

Thanks. Sorry you can't trust me. You may want to try for a free site and upgrade when you need to. No problem in that.

Robert said:
There is absolutely nothing wrong with celerons. Back in the days the celerons didn't have a cache, the new ones do. Furthermore, with sufficient amount of ram, you shouldn't have any problems.

What? As far as I can remember the celeron has always had cache. If it didn't the processor would be an even bigger pile of crap.

Also, RAM is no substitute for cache. If you think it is you should go and read some books.

Furthermore, the newest celeron based off of the prescott core is just now starting to do okay. Before that it was based off of the P4 core before the prescott, and it was horrible.

Please do not post when you have no clue what you are posting about. Maybe if you were simply trying to argue a celeron could be used in a server I could understand. But when you say that the celeron had no cache and if you have enough RAM you will be okay, then you are just crazy.

Remy Canad said:
What? As far as I can remember the celeron has always had cache. If it didn't the processor would be an even bigger pile of crap.

Also, RAM is no substitute for cache. If you think it is you should go and read some books.

Furthermore, the newest celeron based off of the prescott core is just now starting to do okay. Before that it was based off of the P4 core before the prescott, and it was horrible.

Please do not post when you have no clue what you are posting about. Maybe if you were simply trying to argue a celeron could be used in a server I could understand. But when you say that the celeron had no cache and if you have enough RAM you will be okay, then you are just crazy.
The new celerons have cache, the old ones (can you say old old old), didn't have a cache sufficient enough to be even be considered a good processor.

Nobody said ram is a substitute for cache, stop making stuff up.

Ram is a very important aspect of the server, it's what gives you your power. You can have a great processor, but without proper memory, you're not gonna achieve what you wanted to.

Your agruments insulting him based on having a celeron and not an intel pentium are childish.

Robert said:
The new celerons have cache, the old ones (can you say old old old), didn't have a cache sufficient enough to be even be considered a good processor.

They still do not have enough.

Nobody said ram is a substitute for cache, stop making stuff up.

Look at your post. You imply that even if the celeron did not have enough cache that with a sufficient amount of ram it would not matter. I am not making anything up. *You* brought up the topic of RAM when we were discussing cache. The only reason to bring that up would be to say having more RAM can make up for a lack of cache. You should probably make sure what you write is what you mean.

Ram is a very important aspect of the server, it's what gives you your power. You can have a great processor, but without proper memory, you're not gonna achieve what you wanted to.

Did I ever say anything about RAM or how important it is? We were talking about the lack of cache in the celeron! I know how important RAM is and I know what it is used for.

As for what gives you power... What are you talking about. Could you please use some more technical terms than power?

Also, you act as if I know nothing about computers. Explaining RAM to be as if I didn't know what it was is a bit insulting. The "power" of a computer does not come from just ram it is a combination of all components.

And the flip side of what you said. You can have huge sums of memory but with out a good processor you will be dead in the water.

Your arguments insulting him based on having a celeron and not an intel pentium are childish.

Once again coming to assumptions. Did I say *anything* about pentiums? I believe the *only* processor I said anything about was an athlon XP.

So you comments on me being childish are unfounded.

Now I may have insulted him. If I did it was not intentional. I simply wanted to express my thoughts on the use of a celeron for a server. I said I would never use his service if it ran on a celeron simply to convey my feelings about the server. Heck he had already said it was not running on one.

Finally, another reason to not use a celeron is because there *are* better alternatives. If some one is running a web hosting business they *should* know of these alternatives and not use the celeron. That is the main point I would like to make.

Agree.

I'm more concerned with the fact that he doesn't have a domain name, yet he can afford a server and charge people for hosting.

oh well. you can try it free if you want in the free hosting.

AND DOMAINS AREN'T EVERYTHING. JUST TRY MY HOSTING FREE AND YOU WILL LIKE IT HOPEFULLY. I have latest version of cpanel with fantastico and a nice service. Please just try it before not trusting me.

Thanks!

Back