• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Host [1 GB Space]

Wow thats a good deal and all, but wonder how long it will actually last lol. The no content restrictions is asking for it...

I saw that at WHT talk this morning, pity I didn't see it yesterday for a certain locked thread here :biggrin2:

Man, what kind of moron would host with someone who hosts WAREZ!!?

Actually, according to the disclaimer at the bottom of the page, "Please read the Terms of Service carefully, GRIZZLYHOST does not host any archives/downloadable files," suggests that while they may host warez sites, they will not host the actual warez files (sort of reminds me of the now defunct piratecity.com - the actual warez files have to be hosted elsewhere).

Last edited:
Haha i think the oc-192 connection must be a joke.

hey, this is the perfect host for that <banned member who cussed at everyone and requested the world>

Last edited:
Originally posted by Antonio
but there some flash in my homepage, if so i can see nothing in my homepge:(
If they don't accept .swf, and you need it, the solution is simple. Don't use them :p

No ads but

No ads but a rather large text link and a stats tracker will be on every html page. Seems like a pain for anyone using frames or Iframes.

BD

Re: No ads but

Originally posted by belladonna
No ads but a rather large text link and a stats tracker will be on every html page. Seems like a pain for anyone using frames or Iframes.

BD
Wow, people moan about ads on a 5 MB host, a 50MB host, here we have a 1GB host and still they complain. Simple.....don't use them if they are not compatible with your site. They probably won't be around very long anyway :bandit2:

They seriously have to be joking about the OC-192 bandwidth. :confused2

I agree with Cracker, though. They remind me of zarew.com -- they host warez sites, but not warez files (which doesn't make any sense, IMO). :)

Funny how I got here. I searching with Google and saw that my hosting service was already listed although I started yesterday.

I've read the complaints. I've added .css and .swf to the allowed file types.

Oh and my IS hosted on a OC-192. It's from Cogent, but it's shared.

Well, thanks for listing me here anyway :jump:

Re: Re: No ads but

Originally posted by Jan
Wow, people moan about ads on a 5 MB host, a 50MB host, here we have a 1GB host and still they complain. Simple.....don't use them if they are not compatible with your site. They probably won't be around very long anyway :bandit2:

I wasn't complaining, I was stating a fact for people who use frames or IFRAMES, contrary to the rules in your universe, some people do use them. Forced text links are not compatible with them.

Strange that their TOS doesnt even mention the text ad. Dont come down on someone who has checked out their services and found that they didn't post their requirements in their TOS or their FAQ. If they had listed the requirements/exchanges, I wouldnt of needed to say anything.

Isnt that what this place is for?

Last edited:
I know people here at FWS who will use this host, there are MANY people who look for hosts stating the fattest figures such as unlimited bandwidth or 1000 MB of webspace... They are naturally attracted by the big numbers...

Many people don't consider speed or reliability an issue in free hosts... when they see a sign saying unlimited bandwidth with PHP support along with 1GB of webspace - they immediately sign up...

Maybe GrizzlyHost wants users to upload warez so that he or she, the webmaster can benefit... :biggrin2:

Originally posted by GRIZZLYHOST

Oh and my IS hosted on a OC-192. It's from Cogent, but it's shared.

Well, thanks for listing me here anyway :jump:

Please check with your host.

You are not hosted on or have connectivity to either of the following connectivity lines which Cogent does have but does not offer:

OC-48 / OC-192

So please remove that false statement. You will either have a 100mbps ethernet connection or 1000Mbps ethernet connection. Those are the primary cogent based offers. They do not offer any such deal as an OC-192 fiber optic connection. You could get a OC-192 fiber connection but you would also be able to do that in the sense from a colocation centre to another data-center. You would STILL be limited to the 100mbps or 1000mbps port Cogent would actually give you to their backbone.

The servers are @ United Colo.

United Colo has a OC-192 connection to the internet.

(B)Our Cisco® powered network is connected to a 100 percent fiber-optic, nonblocking OC-192 global backbone with direct Gigabit Ethernet connections to Williams®, and Verio® (DIA customers only). To ensure maximum reliability and superior scalability, United.Colo integrates sophisticated and proven technologies such as Metro Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), telco grade terabit routers, and high-end switches.

Network connectivity is also enhanced by using Layer 3-7 routing protocol to guarantee data transfer at optimal speed. This unparalleled level of scalability and unmatched uptime guarantee give our customers worldwide more control in managing the communication needs of their enterprises. (/B)

Guess I was wrong about Cogent, cause it's Williams and Verio.
http://www.unitedcolo.com/network.htm

Originally posted by GRIZZLYHOST
The servers are @ United Colo.

United Colo has a OC-192 connection to the internet.

Firstly. United Colo does not have an OC-192 connection to the internet. They're located in Exchange Colo and use gig-e links to connect to the various providers and set rates.

(B)Our Cisco® powered network is connected to a 100 percent fiber-optic, nonblocking OC-192 global backbone with direct Gigabit Ethernet connections to Williams®, and Verio® (DIA customers only). To ensure maximum reliability and superior scalability, United.Colo integrates sophisticated and proven technologies such as Metro Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM), telco grade terabit routers, and high-end switches.

Network connectivity is also enhanced by using Layer 3-7 routing protocol to guarantee data transfer at optimal speed. This unparalleled level of scalability and unmatched uptime guarantee give our customers worldwide more control in managing the communication needs of their enterprises. (/B)

Guess I was wrong about Cogent, cause it's Williams and Verio.
http://www.unitedcolo.com/network.htm

Secondly. Both NTT/Verio and WilTel communictions do not have a fully fiber optic network which are 100% OC-192. They're long haul connection may be either Dark Fibers or standard Oc-48/Oc-192 trunks but your forgetting about their local loop fibers and POP-to-POP connectivity. They range from OC-12->OC-48.

The non-blocking OC-192 decribes Cogent perfectly.

Stop lying you are not quoting correct information. Which is nowdays called fraud.

Last edited:
Back