• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

NEW: free web host

the_tick

Hi guys,

Well since my site is new, i need some critics and good advice so i have come to this board... as it is a gooood board :)

Anyway, I would like you all to visit my site http://www.digital-avatar2.com and check it out. My site is fully coded by hand(using php and mysql) and does not use home free scripts. I have all the main features and have plans to add plenty more. This service is targeted for beginners to intermediate level. So what do you think

Also i was wondering if there is an interest for a php version of home free?

I need feedback but not critisim for having ANOTHER free web host!

Thanks for reading

so people dont spam you with hate mail, your are allowed 1 - one message about your new free host

some problems are

1) unlimited space - Warez and storage, that is not good, and a sign of you dying, you cannot provide me with 999999 tera-btyes can you?

2) Unlimited hits - another no no, set a limit eg 5GBS

another sign for warez sites

Gah! We need unlimited space and hits! Well, maybe for space 100-200 mb would be good, but the thing I hate most is when I upload ORIGINAL movies and run out of space. As always, good support and cgi is a must.

unlimited hits and unlimited space is simply a sales pitch we do offer both but think about it.... unlimited hits is not a mesurement of bandwithusage, so we can limit the bandwidth still but i dont think there is a need. also site are not given an unlimited amount of space straight away they have to request it(they start with 20 meg).

I am strongly against hosting warez and have very good methods of weeding it out. I have spiders that search for phrases and if any where to match they would be emailed with a warning and i would be notified.

also we donnot offer cgi as we are targeting beginner and interemediate level. We are going to offer pre-setup scripts instead... and i know it will turn allot of ppl away but there are not THAT many web hosts trying to target this.

Thanks for the comments so far, looking forward to more :)

Isn't there a free web host called Digital Avatar already??
Or something like that?? The same just sounds too familiar...

sooooo.. if i wanted to host my site with an mp3 archive of over 15 gigs( legal mp3s) you guys would be cool with that?

i will answer my own question now:
About 2 hours or so... as for responses from the webmaster.. maybe days?

Hi, guys.... Well im not getting much feedback apart from people wanting to store mp3s on our servers...

Well you can have them but you may have to crop them up a bit as our max file size if 500k... I dont see why you guys with mp3s dont go onto the freedrive and xdrive servers. They are intended for file storage and we(digital avatar) are for web pages plus of course some files. We dont mind files storage but jepas 15 gig of LEGAL mp3s - are there realy that many LEGAL ones out there... We give unlimted space but if youre going to store 15 gig worth of mp3s i consider that abusing the system.

Remember its a free service...

Thanks, Phil G

Refering to Miaka question. If you could email me and i will give you an answer personally. Please send a discription of the contents of the site.

i have mp3s that range from 1 to 3 megs and are my own original creation and if i make a site and put these on there i would want the visitors to be able to jus click the link and it starts to download not click to xdrive have to sign up click this click that click this click that and then get to it 2 hours later. which has happened to me many times and i didn't even get the file i wanted.

Originally posted by LawTown Junky
I would want the visitors to be able to jus click the link and it starts to download not click to xdrive have to sign up click this click that click this click that and then get to it 2 hours later. which has happened to me many times and i didn't even get the file i wanted.

Amen to that, Lawtownjunky!

Originally posted by the_tick
We give unlimted space but if youre going to store 15 gig worth of mp3s i consider that abusing the system.

The truth comes out! Once someone tries to take you up on the offer of unlimited you back down. What a load of crap. Free service my ass. If you don't want that type of activity don't allow it. Saying you allow it and then making up a lame ass excuse like abusing the system is bullshit.

Originally posted by evilhaze
sooooo.. if i wanted to host my site with an mp3 archive of over 15 gigs( legal mp3s) you guys would be cool with that?

His site with 15GBs, not storage. So, whaddya have to say about that? Eh?

Originally posted by the_tick
Well you can have them but you may have to crop them up a bit as our max file size if 500k...

Phil says max file size is 500K. MP3's usually weigh in more than that. Any questions? :)

he doesn't offer unlimted space, that's a given, and the mere mentin of the word really makes my skin crawl (honestly), but that's just due to reading too mnay forums and looking at too many plans. It isn't his fault, heh.

Back