• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New development - Search engine.

AdvertQuick

Hi there,

I know I'm new but I'm trying to get the word across that I've been developing a new web search engine at the moment, it's nothing new, it is not a google killer. It's simply a search engine just targeting the UK

It's currently not live YET. but it will be before the 31st hopefully.

Please look, searchqik.com

It seems to be really slow responding, and didn't have any results for what I was searching for.

How is this getting info to work with? Crawlers? Or Submissions.

No, it's building it's own database here;

Submit URL's

searchqik.com/submitWebsite.php add your links to our index here

Think the problem with it is the DB is taking so long to load results which, averagely. the results are coming around 7-10seconds.. I will be improving this by Monday next week.

Yeah you need to redesign the query so that it processes faster.

Is it trying to grab all of the results in one go? Cause it should only pull perhaps 25 at a time, using the limit 0,25 parameter to speed it up and reduce server overloading.

I'm getting no results as well for sites that I know I submitted for indexing a few days ago.

I still don't have a result after 30 seconds.

I know I know, we're sorting this very issue now.

Yeah you need to redesign the query so that it processes faster.

Is it trying to grab all of the results in one go? Cause it should only pull perhaps 25 at a time, using the limit 0,25 parameter to speed it up and reduce server overloading.

I'm getting no results as well for sites that I know I submitted for indexing a few days ago.

Ah... I see.. It's taking a long time to index the submitted sites as we're trying to optimize the memory on the server at the moment... the spiders put them into que and then they start fetching...

The site appears to be offline again. You may want to hire a sysadmin to look into why you're having so many problems.

Because the site is down, I can't say much. However, I would like to recommend that you do something that Google abandoned, if you want to try to draw more traffic: Create a standard for using special search characters. For example, a way to let quote marks " be searched text, instead of just a means of seeking an exact phrase. You might do this with a replacement character or string of characters. The same goes for symbols used in programming. Google's inability to display results for these characters greatly hinders its use in some circles.

Back