• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New Design -- VPSWow!

SC-Daniel

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions on a design for a new sub company that I will be launching in a few weeks.

Right now the actual site does not have anything on it but Lorem Ipsum and most of the page links do not work. I simply want some reviews on the overall design.

It was done up by Johnny (kuasi.com) and then coded up by Hamster :)

Let me know what you think of the overall look! I can already say that the edges on the exclamation marks will be smoothed out shortly, they are a little jagged. Also, the gradient on the middle banner's BLOWOUT SALE is a bit pixelated as well, but that banner will be changing as it is only a placeholder for the concept.

What do you think?

www.vpswow.com

:)

Thanks guys!

Sorry 'bout that exclamation mark... GIF wouldn't have very high quality, causing that jagged stuff and JPEG wouldn't allow transparency, blocking out the top content gradient.

That: !Home doesn't need to be there, I like the rest of it though.
Can't see anything that needs changing.
(Is it compatible in IE7/8 & Opera?)

That: !Home doesn't need to be there, I like the rest of it though.
Can't see anything that needs changing.
(Is it compatible in IE7/8 & Opera?)

Yeah I may take that off shortly...

As for compatibility, I have tried it, Hamster has tried it, and Fee has tried it. We all used numerous browsers and no problems that we could fine :)

Looks good.

The main content area with all the black wording could either change colors, or within the text have some blocks of something that has color. That'll also keep people attracted to the content as well :)

Specials and contact pages are dead :p

Other then that i can't see nothing wrong, Awesome layout

Yeah I know, as I said in my first post ;) Most of the pages arent even uploaded and the ones that have been uploaded are just placeholders ;) I just wanted to see what everyone thought of the general design so that I can tweak it before putting tons of more work in it making each and every page and writing the content (I may hire someone to write it up, not sure yet)

Thanks all!

Yup, just 3 pages coded as Daniel wanted it.

1. Content with Sidebar and Plans at the bottom
2. Empty Page
3. Plans Page (he's planning this)

So you won't see any other pages other than those 3 :p

I really like it! Its a very nice design to it, and of course its coded well since its Hamster......

What I would do is switch the 3 plans from the BOTTOM of the page, to placing it right above the content.

I really like it! Its a very nice design to it, and of course its coded well since its Hamster......

What I would do is switch the 3 plans from the BOTTOM of the page, to placing it right above the content.

Thanks Skylar ;)

I actually was thinking the same thing and was going to give it a try on my local copy to see what it is like :)

Thanks Guys :)

I've been working on it off my local dev server and have not uploaded any changes yet, but I did some of the tweaks everyone mentioned and I will upload them sometime today :)

Let us know so we can see the changes. With changes, more comments/suggestions may arise.

Overall its a very nice design. Best of luck with VPSWow :)

Thanks everyone :)

I got a little sidetracked yesterday and didn't quite get around to finishing up some changed and uploading it, but it is on my list for today...

I keep getting these support tickets that interfere with my new site time :D

Back