• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Urgent help with GoDaddy

Abush

DP MAC SC UC...
NLC
So here is the scenario:
I have a domain registered under account1 and I have hosting account under account2. How can I make the domain in account1 pull up the site content from the hosting account2? What do I need to change? I changed the A Host and changed the host part to a random name (godaddyHosting) and changed the "Points To" part to the Ip address of the hosting account server. I read this somewhere and I wanted to make sure this was right. Help please! thank you!

I suggest getting a new host. Godaddy sucks for hosting, unless its a VPS or Dedi (which I still suggest you stay away from that even)

Yes I know but I was trying to have the domain and hosting in the same account for someone so I don't have to worry about a lot of things.

You can transfer domains from account to account. Just ask them how to push it to the other account.

Back