• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need someone to host me phpbb forums only

Status
Not open for further replies.

phpbbfreak

Hi,

I have tried all these free php forums, all I need is a phpbb board. I have tried lycos, tripod, you name it, they are way too slow for my user load. I am looking at around 100 members but of course free providers make the forum go as slow as a tortoise stuck in glue. I would like to arrange an ad-scheme with someone, as long as I can use a phpbb board on your space. My site is quite popular and has received 1000 visitors this week in its first month, so hopefully you will will benefit from your ads on my forum. Please PM me or reply and we can sort something out.

Only problem is I'm not happy with pop-up ads on every page of my site as it's huge, I would prefer a banner I could add into a frame. Also I know I definitely need the Database Server, Hostname / DSN, Database Name, Database Username, and Database Password for phpbb to work.

remotly hosted boards are probably the best for you until you pay for your hosting.Like i said before,no host will want to host only a board.

If your forum is going to grow and grow and become a large community, it is pretty much safer to host it on a paid package... at least you can get the guarantee of up-time and reliability. :biggrin2:

Originally posted by ibfw
Free Remotly Hosted Forums

source MURAT

Actually, I was the one who originally compiled the Remotely Hosted List that you see in that thread, but that's besides the point. :p

And yes, use a remotely hosted forum. Unless you have an established community that averages over 5000 posts a month (in which case you need to pay for hosting), then a remote host is in your best interests. :)

The only downside of remotely hosted forums that you can't change the template, which is sometimes important to some sites..

Besides, I like modding, tweaking, templating a forum. That is the fun part. Not that I am good at templating, but I used to have a yabb forum (perl version) with 40+ mods installed... and I am sure no remotely hosted forum can offer that...

what is the fun of getting a pre-installed forum which you can't edit at all?

Last edited:
I think the question is, what's the point in downing a *free host* with a forum with little to no members... forums are such a hog on free hosts, if you have a nicely modded forum with just 5-10 members, what's the point in having a board in the first place?

ofcourse I understand that it's kinda waste to have only 5 members or something, but if there is not much traffic, I don't really see why it would hurt a hosting provider.

If it has 1000 visitors a day I can understand why it is becoming too resource intensive...

don't get me wrong, if I install a forum I make sure there it will become active. That forum I was talking about had 50+ members with around 1500 posts in 1 month.. but it was the host which had a lot of downtime that killed it.. (a paid account)

Last edited:
I might be able to help!!!

I have a website, with plenty of space spare.
If you would like your forum on my site send me an email.

im always willing to host forums:) I remember spending months trying to find someone to host my forums back in the day. give me an email if your still looking:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back