• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need some quick CSS help - invisible image!

Conscript

NLC
NLC
Okay, here is what is going on.

I am designing a page and I want a background image for my DIV tag. So here is the style I use:

Code:
#header{
	position: relative;
	background-color: #5F6BA7;
	background-image: url(images/mainbackground.jpg);
	background-attachment: fixed;
	background-position: center;
	background-repeat: no-repeat;
	height: 249px;
}

For some reason the image appears in Dreamweaver CS3 as I edit it, but it does not appear in IE 7 when I load it in there!

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

silly question I'm sure... but have you made sure it's actually on the server? typos, corrupt file when uploaded, etc.

And have you tested it in other browsers besides IE7?

first problem is that IE SUCKS, second, try the width thing that moosey suggested. if that doesnt work, post a link to your site so we can help you further.

Hi,

Thanks for the help. After twiddling with the code a little bit I noticed that it was probably hidden behind another layer as I did not specify it to be at the top. At least thats what I figure because after working on the page for quite some time hoping to return to the problem later the probem resolved itself.

I did end up specifying the width though.

I am just totally new at CSS. Most of my webdesign learning took place many many years ago when Geocities still had addresses that went like geocities.com/CityName/Town/2054... lol...

I wudda said z-index: is the most likely culprit, if it doesn't work as suggested you should post a link to or the whole code for the page.

Back