• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need some html help

Sergio7889

Hello, i have a problem with html.
I made this table, and when i typed in like 1000 words (just random words), the table kept expanding until it couldnt anymore. How would you fix this? I want the table to be one width, that way it won't expand like it does now. Please Help. I've tried a few things, but it won't work. :doh!:

Hi Sergio :)

Try pasteing this code to notepad and saving as whatever.html then open it up with your browser then click file and edit in notepad

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width="25%" align=center border="1">
<TBODY><TR vAlign=top align=middle><TD align=middle width="90%" ><FONT size=1>
Hello, i have a problem with html.
I made this table, and when i typed in like 1000 words (just random words), the table kept expanding until it couldnt anymore. How would you fix this? I want the table to be one width, that way it won't expand like it does now. Please Help. I've tried a few things, but it won't work
</FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The above would work, basically you need to define the width of the table, either as a percentage of the page size or a fixed size in pixels.

If you don't define a width it'll strech, as you've seen :)

Back