• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Some Advice

FeediaCo

So I have the domain name build-a-comp.com and part of my project is to make a mobile site as well. However, I have found that typing out build-a-comp.com on a mobile device is not as easy and I want to have a shorter version of the domain itself. I looked into bac.* and all of them are taken but its really the hyphens that I want to get rid of. I like the idea of what overstock did and made o.co and I'm looking to do something like that (only not one letter because I know that would be expensive). Can anyone help me brainstorm?

Buildacomp.co .net .org. etc. are all available. Buildacomputer with all those extensions is available too. The only issue with the .co is that it can be confused with the .com...both of which are already taken.

Buildacomp.co .net .org. etc. are all available. Buildacomputer with all those extensions is available too. The only issue with the .co is that it can be confused with the .com...both of which are already taken.

I'm looking and I'm seeing that bacomp.us isn't taken. Do you think that is too long for a mobile site?

You'll see an improvement in usage by dropping the -. It looks spammy, and almost always underperforms the nondashed versions of a .com.

Back