• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

need it fast

roshenunicc

I need to setup e-commerace on online
i need to know is there any software or how to set-up this

As soon as someone buys an item, i need the prints to print out the invoice automatically

how can i make this happens
This is what i would like to do...
this is just an example;

when a customer purchase an item and after they pay for it; i want my printers to print out the order information automatically.
I will turn my print on 24/7 and its need to print the order info all the time. So i don't need to log into the site to see the order info.

Are you getting what i am tiring to say

Not sure if that's possible to be honest, to have your printer automatically print an order made via your website.

Hello,

As Dan mentioned that isnt really doable, as no website is setup to respond to your printer. However. You can have some setup so that they store the orders and you can do a batch download nightly and print it that way.

Actually you can invoke a print automatically, but it will require coding of a script for you that would be an addon to any cart that you use. This is something that is not usually requested, and as such it will most likely cost you.

Get a linux server setup in your home, connect it to your printers.

Most linux print server softwares have a sort of "API" which could be called/used by PHP to print your orders out once they are placed.

But as Brendan said, it would require custom coding from your part.

You could make a PHP script that outputs all pending prints and a VB app that displays them and allows the printing of them, once the document has been sent to the printer, it would then update the database and remove the previously pending but now printing document.

Wouldn't be too hard, I'd do it for $200 for you :)

Or do you want the invoice to be printed out by the customer's printer? If this is the case, you can input a bit of Javascript for the print screen to pop up. JS To emulate the CTRL + P hotkey should do it ;)

Back