• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need hosting for free, anyone?

neftha

Hello All,

I have a major problem with my current host (up and down, unstabile cgi, problems with FTP account) and am looking for a new webhost. Is there anyone out there who could offer me:

- at least 250 mb
- php/ssi/cgi
- sql would be nice allthough absolutely not necessary
- at least for a year (so I can build up some revenue to pay for hosting.

In return I can advertise your own site or hosting company and I am willing to share add revenues if necessary ... (this could pay for the hosting eventually). Currently we receive 1500-2000 unique visitors a day with app. 10000-20000 pageviews.

I know this request sounds strange but my site is not qualified for regular free webspace providers (not enough space/bandwidth) and I kind a hoped someone could help me out with this. At this moment I do not have the resources to pay for the webhosting myself (that will change withing the next year, with the add revenues, hopefully).

To check out the website, visit VirtualBritney.net and yes ... it is a Britney Spears website (some like her, some don't).

Nef
(co)Webmaster VirtualBritney.net

That is hard to say, my current host doesn't record that but I the website has a large image gallery and a couple of downloads like winamp skins, wallpapers, etc. The last can be hosted on a free server so that's not the problem. The image gallery however based on PHP.

I assumed something between 15 and 20 gb.

Anyone experience with this (10000 to 20000 pageviews)?

Neftha

Do u need 250 MB disk space :eek:

Erm ...

I might be able to help you .... i'll just have to talk with a few friends ....

yep, 250 mb is the thing I need, due to the image galleries I spoke about earlier.
Would be great :)

Nef
VirtualBritney.net

PS. I noticed you asked for people to help with your website ... what kind of people do you actually need?

Last edited:
I could jave hosted you if you didn;t use that much bandwidth... I could I guess, but I would have to ask my host for more bandwidt, and Im hosting 2 other people right now... So mabe in the near future if you still need hosting. :)

Thank you Christopher for your offer but I assume (I don't exactly know how much) the website needs a lot of bandwidth. Our most popular section is the image gallery and let's be honest ... that will take a lot (with 1700 unique visitors a day). I know how expensive transfer (the correct name for bandwidth :) ) is so I don't want to cause any problems for people who are willing to help out.

Neftha

Originally posted by neftha
Thank you Christopher for your offer but I assume (I don't exactly know how much) the website needs a lot of bandwidth. Our most popular section is the image gallery and let's be honest ... that will take a lot (with 1700 unique visitors a day). I know how expensive transfer (the correct name for bandwidth :) ) is so I don't want to cause any problems for people who are willing to help out.

Neftha
It's just that I got my normally pay hosting for free, I can ask for more transfer (;)) any time, it's just that I don't want to abuse the offer he gave me... But if he would have given me more right off the bat - you would get a spot :)

Back