• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Help Dumping XML file into SQL database

theswagbayorg

Hello everyone,
I'm having a bit of trouble. I have a 32 GB (yes, I said GB) XML file that I need to dump into a mysql database. Because of the vast size of the file, I am somewhat lost on where to start. For that reason, I am willing to pay someone to do it for me. Please send me your quotes, and I will review them.
I am on somewhat of a tight schedule, so time is of the essence!
Thanks!

PS I guess I should have mentioned I am trying to dump a Wikipedia backup into MediaWiki...Check out the link here http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Importing_XML_dumps
Gives some information....

I believe phpmyadmin allows you to... not quite sure though... except you'd have to set php.ini's max upload to like 50GB and give NO timeout... rofl

I would load the file to your FTP server, then write a PHP script to parse it in batches.

For instance, after you've processed X number of elements within the XML document, send the next element through a redirect to the script. This will keep you from running into max execution errors, and will allow you to parse the entire document.

Obviously, this is going to take awhile, just leave the browser window open and let it run. You may want to give yourself a success message after all batches have been processed.

Back