• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Help Asap

hessan

hi
i have like 5 appleworks files. (typing) i need to convert them to pc. any one know a software.
or any one have a imac with that software so i can just send them an email of those files.

I know nothing about mac, I really don't like them from what I have experienced so fare but. Save it as txt or save it on the web and copy and paste it

I really don't know just an idea

Hessan, stunningly enough I have helped somebody today with a Mac document file on a PC ironically. All you need to do is open it in Word, and weird extra characters may appear, but the whole document should be visible. You should then get rid of the extra characters which generally don't mean anything, only when you are working with Mac. None of the text itself disappears.

As I recall, and it's been a loooooong time since I used Appleworks, you can save just about any Appleworks files as ASCII text, which is universally readable although you will lose any formatting the file contained, but all the data will be intact. By the way, that works in reverse too... Nearly every data manipulation package I've ever seen has had an option to save as plain text.

Back