• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need help advertising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan88

Hello,

I started a hosting company called Alley Cat Hosting. I have done absolutely everything that I know and read about to promote it. I was wondering what tips you guys had to offer just please don't post about adsense or directories because I have already read - tried them.

Thanks guys!

Offer free hosting or some kind of other product that will bring customers. Treat them right and they will post reviews. Don't expect your business to blow up in the first year because it won't happen. Plan on spending your own money to keep it going and sooner or later it will level out if you are doing a good job. Word of mouth is the best way to get your web site / company out there. Be good to your clients and they will be good to you.

Offer free hosting or some kind of other product that will bring customers. Treat them right and they will post reviews. Don't expect your business to blow up in the first year because it won't happen. Plan on spending your own money to keep it going and sooner or later it will level out if you are doing a good job. Word of mouth is the best way to get your web site / company out there. Be good to your clients and they will be good to you.

I was wondering if I did offer free hosting would it be better to offer it under a different name or URL? Can't decide which.

Offer it under the same url that way customers start to recognize your url. maybe put the shared and free under 2 different servers though. Like shared on one server and the free on a complete separate server.

Last edited:
Since you are offering only paid hosting, you shouldn't put ads on your website. Also, register a .com, don't use a free .tk domain if you want to be seen as a professional.

Since you are offering only paid hosting, you shouldn't put ads on your website. Also, register a .com, don't use a free .tk domain if you want to be seen as a professional.

Both of these are good points of advise.

I just put the ads on today to test them out and I was thinking about removing them which I have now completed.

We are also going to get a .com name shortly just trying to pick one that I like out and is of course SEO "appropriate"

I was also wondering if anyone actually gets clients from directories. I always feel like it's a waste of time even though I do it.

More tips are welcome :)

Having ads on your paid hosting site makes you look like a desperate to get more money.
Since you offer paid hosting, you should have money from selling hosting. If you put ads, it means you don't have clients and no one will use your services.

You say you're looking for a domain, yet alleycathost.com is available for registration, unless you're going to change the name of your business?

Looking at your website, it's showing you're down every day on your Twitter widget. This will need to be fixed before anyone will consider signing up.

Just by changing a few things and maybe hiring a server management company, you could get some clients. I also noticed the 60GB disk space for $1, but I won't bother talking about overselling, since I'm sure you're using a huge SAN and not a couple of hard disks.

.TK is terrible. Your template looks bad too.

In your footer you even let the copyright in place.

Code:
Copyright © 2011 Alley Cat Hosting. All Rights Reserved. Designed by Free CSS Templates.

My criticizing your website don't take it personal just doing it to assist you.

1. Fixed the misspelled words.
2. Get rid of the free .tk domain and buy a commercial domain.
3. Your motto "Do you have milk"? Has something to do with the domain name but nothing to do with hosting.
4. Work on a more professional design.
5. Your twitter box on the right, all i see is "Alley cat host is down, alley cat host is up, alley cat how is down, alley cat host is up." That will drive customers away, looks like you need to find a better host if that keeps up.

-------------
Im not attempting to be an a--hole, just giving you my point of view buddy! Good luck with everything.

Pingdom has been disabled for false positives and we apologize for that.

We are going to register AlleyCatHost.Com shortly and a new theme will be released within the month.

Please close this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back