• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Guru Help Plz.

Candybandit

I had seen this script used by many, but i was unable to locate it anywhere. Basically what i'm after is a script i can use on my page, it prevents other ppl to download my html files. It would display a massage "this page can not be saved or download".
Any of u guys can point me towards the right direction please do so, would make my day for sure.
Thanks a million in advance for any Kind ov help.

BTW this is a grate forum, most other i looked had 2wait a week
before NE1 replied...
C-ya
Take care.
2kdude.

:eek: :rolleyes: :D

Safest way to prevent people from downloading or viewing a file is to put it on your own hard disk and not on the web. :D

Seriously, there is no secure way to prevent people from viewing the source code of your file or saving it. You can always attempt to disable right clicks using JavaScript, etc, but all the visitor has to do is to disable JavaScript in their browser (a very trivial operation) and they will be able to save the file, view it, print it, etc.

Why bother? If a person can view it, they can copy, save and duplicate it. Just slap a copyright notice on your page. That's actually your best protection.

Yo man thanks for the reply. I need this extra security for my files, coz i'm hosting them on a free server, and it's adult oriented. You know the "TOS", you can't just up these file anywhere. Many PPL still my links, or just link my stuff on their pages. It was fine for a while i didn't mind, but free storage for adult material is next to nothing, and my problem is they creating unwanted bandwidth on my files and the host doesn't dig that, so ending up with either my files or my accounts deleted. i'm using Source Code Encrypter, but there is a program that lifts the code. I think if i use
Encryption, pluss this no html downlod script my stuff would live
longer.
Again thanks4replying, if any of u guys now any free server web/FTP allows adult files (min5Mb U/L size limit) plz let me know.
Cheers..

:( :D

.htaccess can allow you to password protect it, yes. But you'd need a program to allow users to signup. i.e. http://www.lockedarea.com

It won't stop people being able to view source code and steal images though.

To block source viewing you need this piece of code.
This is really anoying though I find but if you really want it, it's your choice.
No-right click javascript

Hope this helps.

- Neil :)

Back