• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need Good Webhost

Logan1999

I need a webhost that will allow me to run a file host. I am more than willing to have ads on the website. If any abuse shall happen the user who uploaded the file(s) will be banned from the site and then be ip banned.

I don't really have any set space or bandwidth requirements but I would like php.ini set to allow files as big as ~250 mb. I will settle for lower, but don't want to go too low.

Thank you.

my requirements are very low, and I will be there to fight off any abusers. If there is an abuser it will be sorted out within a 24 hour time frame. Usually less.

You want to find a host that will allow you to upload 250MB files for nothing? Get real. Cough up some money and buy some paid hosting. You're not going to get what you want for free. End of story.

Even still. Most free hosts will not allow you to use their servers for file storage. Like I said, come up with some money and go paid.

What are you, 12? I'm guessing the 1999 in your username represents the year you were born. That would at least explain your ignorance. Good luck on your search for a reliable free host that will allow you to fill up their servers with garbage for $0.

I'm not 12. Geez, I was just wondering. Forget it. I thought someone might be generous enough to give me hosting.

High Bandwidth free options

Deeplist, that's why I spent two years on my project. Two of the hosts on my spread might be able to do this. If you're not, that's useful to know for my recommendations. When you get a moment, see if you can give me a couple heuristics where your dividing lines are on what you offer for your free side.

Meanwhile, Logan, glance over my recommendation thread sometime. Here are my suggestions.
A. Azoundria of IsMyWebsite runs a "value vs cost" metric, and since you said you are happy to have ads, if your traffic ratio is above your bandwidth costs on his equation, he can probably do it.
B. The ever infamous CWahi of the Large Bandwidth. He's already said he's hosted Linux Distro sites before, and you said you are available to actively fight abuse, which is mostly what a site wants, aka no warez dealers.
C. (Edit) Ask Seraphim, because on case by case basis he says he's not afraid of a little bandwidth.

Last edited:
@Logan1999,
If you ask for much, and refuse to spend money, the only way to get it is by hard working.
It is not possible for you to get something big without spend a little effort.

Regardless of how low the requirements you wish, you are basically wanting a download site that uses bandwidth and basically giving the host nothing back. An ad on a regular text page may offset the usage, while someone popping a 25+MB file for the ad will net nothing (especially if the user has an ad blocker).

Paid hosting is the only true option, unless you want fly by night hosts.

Back