• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need free subdomain hosting

wnd

I currently have a domain where I have subdomains that I need to be hosted. Must include the following things:

• over 1GB of space
  • over 100MB of max file size
  • any type of file supported
  • PHP version 5.0 or above
  • MySQL version 4.0 or above
  • FTP access

Really, I have three that I need to be hosted:

1. for a forum
  2. for a wiki
  3. for hosting files

And I can accept ads, but no posts!! Please!!!

Last edited:
Forum Requirements

I have new requirements up there, so make sure that you check them out!

Last edited:
I don't really know what you mean. Here is what I am talking about:

I have a domain, let's say example.com. I want to create three subdomains on there:

• wiki.example.com
  • forum.example.com
  • storage.example.com

What I want for these subdomains is to be able to have these hosted by some provider with these same subdomains, not XXXXX.freehosting.com or something like that. Specifically, on the wiki.example.com I want to run MediaWiki, on the forum.example.com I want to run myBB, and on the storage.example.com I want to be able to host my files to use on the main part of the domain.

:fangel:

We can offer 300 MB's webspace and 10 GB's bandwidth, 10x features, cPanel and Fantastico, in exchange for a leaderboard ad within the top 300px of each page.

- Lucas

We can offer 300 MB's webspace and 10 GB's bandwidth, 10x features, cPanel and Fantastico, in exchange for a leaderboard ad within the top 300px of each page.

- Lucas

I don't really like what I see on this site. It doesn't really address any features that it has and it also seems relatively new (only 3 forum members) so I can't trust this site.

Sorry, Lucas, but I am going to have to pass. Sorry again.

Hmmm... This Just In

OK, I understand now about what I need. In addition to the requirements above, I will need you not to redirect me to your site if I set up a CNAME on my domain. For example:

1. I have a subdomain on a free hosting site called asdf.freehostingalways.net.
  2. I set up a CNAME on my domain that makes all queries to storage.example.com go to asdf.freehostingalways.net but keep the storage.example.com in my address bar (that is what a CNAME does in case you didn't know).

Now, Bob goes to storage.example.com for some reason. The possible outcomes are:

• Bob gets redirected to freehostingalways.net.
  • Bob gets to my site and sees the storage.example.com in his address bar.

Now what I want is for a website provider to do is allow the second and not do the first.

I hope we all get the drift of what I am saying.

I don't really like what I see on this site. It doesn't really address any features that it has and it also seems relatively new (only 3 forum members) so I can't trust this site.

Sorry, Lucas, but I am going to have to pass. Sorry again.

No, no, I really appreciate your honestly. It is a new site, and we're recently getting it up and running. We have a new logo coming within the next day or two, which should make it a little better.

However, I've run 2-3 free hosting services previously, so the experience is there, but if you don't trust it this early, that's completely fine.

Reply to All

No, no, I really appreciate your honestly. It is a new site, and we're recently getting it up and running. We have a new logo coming within the next day or two, which should make it a little better.

However, I've run 2-3 free hosting services previously, so the experience is there, but if you don't trust it this early, that's completely fine.

CNLucas, I will try it; I just need more info before I do. That's the only reason for it.

The following plan is what I can offer, but instead of posts, how about a 468 x 68 advertisement instead?

Pro
Disk Space: 850MB
Bandwidth: 10240MB (10GB)
Features: 25
Cost: 15 Posts/Mo.
Activation: Request
Other Free Plans

Any questions? Contact us at contact@glacierhosting.net

I'll try you first; however, I would use your site for a forum, wiki and storage. So where should I put the ads? And also, would you redirect me to glacierhosting.net if I put a CNAME up?

I am OK with a banner ad if you tell me how to put it up, I might even put up my own at the bottom of the page!

Last edited:
CNLucas, I will try it; I just need more info before I do. That's the only reason for it.

I'll try you first; however, I would use your site for a forum, wiki and storage. So where should I put the ads? And also, would you redirect me to glacierhosting.net if I put a CNAME up?

I am OK with a banner ad if you tell me how to put it up, I might even put up my own at the bottom of the page!

The ads can be placed somewhere viewable on the page. Depends on what your using it for. A CNAME shouldn't be a problem though. As for the ads, the colors are customizable and not forced, but you will only have 1 week to put them up. There needs to be only one ad per every page. If you want a different style of the ad, or help putting it up, ask for it in support. Or, if you'd like to just make a 468 x 68 banner to link back to us, that would be fine. :) Need anymore help? Just ask.

Flash banner?

If you would like I could make a Flash banner for you, but you'd have to tell me what to put on there.

It would be for the new year, but basically what I have on there now. If you do request hosting, I hope you enjoy it for as long as you like. You may cancel at anytime, I just hope your stay with us is a pleasant one.

How would I put it on the forum and on the wiki? The wiki software is MediaWiki (if it works) and the forum software is myBB.

Back