• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need ffmpeg host for personal use (read details)

sanyi007

Hi all!

I'm looking for a host personal use, here are the details:

5000 mb web space
100 GB bandwith
cpanel cron jobs
flvtool2,mplayer,mencoder,ffmpeg installed
codecs istalled, like xvid, mpeg4, etc (and h.264 would be good too, but it is not a problem if is not installed)
max file size limit about 1,6-2 gb/file
allowed htaccess and php.ini (i don't like script time outs, with about 10 s max script running time, etc)

The main purpose would be to hardcode subtitles to videos, so i can't lower the max file size, sorry. But it would be for personal use only, so not will be a hardware killer.

If i can't add subtitles with mencoder, i'm not interested in your hosting, so this should work:

PHP:
$encode_cmd="$mencoderPath -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=460 -sub /home/user32/public_html/familytrip.srt -o $destFile $srcFile";
exec($encode_cmd);

Budget:3-5 $-s/month (for 3 i can get cirtexhosting)

EDIT:
I can give out 20 $
for a vps too, but in this case, i need about 40 Gb space and 150-200 gb bandwidth (upgradeable just in case)
For vps, i need the functions mentioned before, but in that case i would like to use torrent client on that too (for personal use of course - max 3 torrent running at a time)!

And of course a little help in the beginning, because i never used vps before (but i found a lot of tutorials on the web).

Last edited:
I think your best best would be oversellers, which Cirtex is one. On a standard server, 100GB starts to enter VPS territory. Also, add in the CPU/Memory usage of ffmpeg, even for just personal use, you would need a dedicated ffmpeg/media host. But, you would have to raise your budget to get decent hosting.

i could offer you hosting if you raised your budget. But, even so, I can't give you access to the php.ini. Only .htaccess.

Your requirements are very high but budget is too low. Like Schmarvin said, you can only get a overseller in this budget and requirements.

Hi!
Thanks for reply, i modified my request, i thought this will need a vps, but i'm a little bit afraid: i never used them, and a managed server is expensive, and an unmanaged needs a little time to learn to use (which means -$)

So i would be happy with a vps too, but in that case, i would like to host my torrent client there too, so it means a + function.

Still for personal usage!

About memory and high cpu: i admit that ffmpeg use high cpu, still: meekhost for 15 posts gives you 1500 mb storage with 30 gb bandwidth... the host is reliable and fast (and free), but not enough for me and can't use subtitles there. So it should not be that memory killer, if you use just for personal use.

Last edited:
5 000MB Disk Space - 50 000MB Bandwidth l $6.99/Month l FusedLayer.com

Hello,

We would like to offer you our following plan:

---------
Layer 2
---------

» Disk Space: 10 000 MB
» Bandwidth: 100 000 MB
» Latest Cpanel - Unlimited Features - Fantastico De Luxe - RVSiteBuilder Pro - FFmpeg - Daily Rsync Backups
» 45 Days Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee - 24/7 Support

Starting From $6.99/Month!
Learn More l Order Now

Last edited:
Nixism Web Hosting
where clients matter

VPS Server Plans: | compare plans

VPS2
  • Guaranteed RAM: 512MB
  • Burstable RAM: 768MB
  • Data Storage: 40GB
  • Premium Bandwidth: 300GB
  • Control Panel: None
  • I.P. Addresses: 2
  • Price Per Month: $25 ($17.50 with 30% coupon[HAPPY2YEAR30])
More Info | Order Now | $0 Setup
Add-ons:
  • 2 Additional I.P's: $4.00/mo
  • CPanel/WHM License: $15.00/mo
  • DirectAdmin: $12.00/mo
  • Fully Managed [No Control Panels]: $10.00/mo
Free Domain Names!
Get web hosting and a domain name for free! If you pay for an account annually, we will personally fund the cost of your domain registration, learn more..

Promotional Plan: Only $8.99 a month, packed with 256MB Guaranteed RAM and 512MB Burstable RAM. 15GB Disk Space and 200GB Bandwidth. Limited Stock! Get started today!

Thanks for considering Nixism!

-------------------
VPS Server 2
-------------------

Ram/Memory: 512MB
RAM Burstable : 756MB
Disk Space: 35GB
Bandwidth: 1500GB
IP Addresses: 1
Price: $18.95/mo
More Information.....
Order Now - Secure

Available Control Panels
  • cPanel/WHM: $16.95/mo
  • Fantastico Deluxe : $5/mo
  • Fantastico + Rv skins + WHMMasterReseller : $10/mo
  • Direct Admin: $15.95/mo
  • Webmin: FREE
  • Kloxo: FREE

Hi all!
EDIT:
I can give out 20 $
for a vps too, but in this case, i need about 40 Gb space and 150-200 gb bandwidth (upgradeable just in case)
For vps, i need the functions mentioned before, but in that case i would like to use torrent client on that too (for personal use of course - max 3 torrent running at a time)!

And of course a little help in the beginning, because i never used vps before (but i found a lot of tutorials on the web).

i can give you the vps you ask for your budget you asked

normal the hd is 25GB but i can put it to 40GB for you for the same price

dedicated memory is 256 mb ram
swap file/virtual memory is 4GB standard setup
traffic is 250 GB per month
Windows XP , so you can use all your basic windows programs on it (like virtualdub and utorrent)
price : 20$

for the cpu use , you dont need to worry
hosted on a QuadCore 2.66GHZ and you get 1 cpu for that price (higher packages got more cpu's)

in case of intrest , feel free to contact me on livesupport @ http://dehost.org

Thank you
Greets From The Crasher

Last edited:
Server specification:
Core2Quad Q9300 QUAD CORE 2.5GHZ 1333FSB
16GB RAM
2x1TB SATA Disk Space
100mbps Uplink

For promotion on new opening server. Your VPS will be ready for you after the 1st payment are made.

Extra-Gold VPS [Limited Edition] [15.00/mo]
70GB Disk Space
1048MB RAM Guaranteed 2048MB RAM Burstable
600GB Bandwidth
100mbps Port
HyperVM/Kloxo
Root Access
Semi-Managed
Instant Setup
3 IP Address

**This offer valid for 1st 10 client only (first come first serve). Hurry up and get your dream VPS ready.

To order the plan, kindly please go here: ORDER LINK

Last edited:
Back