• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need cheap vps

i think that you should check with a budget provider. $3 dollars is really not out of the question but for managment and installing things you might be asking to much. You may not find a stable provider at this budget though.

Yeah, $3 is a little low if you want something reliable and stable. For what you're asking, $5 to $10 would be reasonable. Also, most places will charge you an additional fee to install and/or configure software, especially if the VPS is unmanaged. Most cases, something like $20 is to be expected.

Best place to go for this - http://www.lowendbox.com/

Get in touch with the providers and ask about their support levels, pretty much all of those on there are unmanaged which means, they provide access to the service and that's it. I don't think any will install customised software for you, especially at that price level. Good luck.

As has been said, this isn't going to happen for $3/mo. Your best bet is going to be to go with a low-end provider (I still think you will need to raise your monthly budget a few bucks) and go with a 3rd party server management company. They can probably get all that installed and configured for a one-time fee of $15-20.

And unless you want your VPS offline every other day, raise your budget to somewhere between $5 and $10. Do yourself a favor and get a quality unit.

Best place to go for this - http://www.lowendbox.com/

Get in touch with the providers and ask about their support levels, pretty much all of those on there are unmanaged which means, they provide access to the service and that's it. I don't think any will install customised software for you, especially at that price level. Good luck.

thanks for the link :D

try firsthosting.us, they are really cheap. And have pretty good sized VPS's

And also they are not good... both service and support... I happen to have a VPS from them... cancelled it and move to LeaseWeb...

@sg552: you might wanna look at virpus.com they are really good and price starts from USD 5/month...

You are better off going with a bigger provider, and this is not "Cheap',normally from 12 to 20 bucks a month. Be sure to do your homework, a lot of these smaller operations that offer "Cheap" VPS plans are merely Resellers, and just act as a go between. Sign up with a company that has been in business for a while, do your research and pay a little more for good customer service/tech support!

Check the VPS Hosting offers here on these forums. Spend a little extra money and get a company that has been in business for a while that offers awesome support.

Back