• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a VPS, requirements?

Somnus

I think I have outgrown shared hosting at Dreamhost, who I might add have been pretty good over the years.

This is what I currently host at Dreamhost and possibly someone can tell me approx. what I would need in a VPS.

Domains Hosted:
21 plus 2 subdomains

Email addresses:
50+

MySQL Databases:

Applications in use:
WordPress
Online Invoicing System 3.0
PHPlist (Never more than 800 emails per month/sending)
Machform (Contact form)

I don't tend to use massive amounts of bandwidth a month. Here are my latest stats:

3.87GB in the last month.
25.64GB the last 6 months.
89.12GB the last year.

So how much memory would I need (even burstable), and what would be a good host to go with?

Thanks in advance..

Memory wise, 512MB I would say is enough, depending on the control panel you have, and if you don't have many background processes running. If you want to be safe, get 1GB. More is better :) Post a request thread in dedicated server requests for a host, oh and check WHT.

VPS is a better solution for u, check with godaddy. IF need cheaper than it found one but no experience with them 'vpsland.com"

A VPS may be over-rated for this!. Your hosting some mysql intense sites that is for sure an fact. However a stable hosting company that does not oversell you would still be able to work with what you have.

89.12GB the last year.
I assume you are looking for the RAM and CPU recommendations here. I suggest start with 128MB with nonCpanel VPS +

I'm in exactly the same boat as the OP and want to move to a VPS, but am scared sh*tless by the idea of having to manage a server by myself. I was looking at the Dedicated Virtual Rage plan by Media Temple as a solution and I have a bit more bandwidth usage (about 6gb in the last month).

Does anyone have any experience with MT?

Thanks

I think I have outgrown shared hosting at Dreamhost, who I might add have been pretty good over the years.

This is what I currently host at Dreamhost and possibly someone can tell me approx. what I would need in a VPS.

Domains Hosted:
21 plus 2 subdomains

Email addresses:
50+

MySQL Databases:

Applications in use:
WordPress
Online Invoicing System 3.0
PHPlist (Never more than 800 emails per month/sending)
Machform (Contact form)

I don't tend to use massive amounts of bandwidth a month. Here are my latest stats:

89.12GB the last year.

So how much memory would I need (even burstable), and what would be a good host to go with?

Thanks in advance..
Yes, i agreed you would go with vps is right choice.

I would like to suggest vpb.com . It is such a best hosting services provider company which is really reliable and provides services in low cost.

If you are searching for the VPS Server then you can search on the Google SERP. There are many web hosting companies that offer you the Cheap and Best VPS Server for your website. You can choose the best hosting for your website with unlimited resources.

If you are looking for good Linux VPS Hosting, There is one of the Best Linux VPS providers and its plans are cheap and affordable. Its basic starting features are:
  • High-Speed SSD, NVMe Storage.
  • Full root access and API.
  • No-Risk: 30-day money-back guarantee.
  • 24/7 VPS Support.

The price is right for us, the service is dependable, and the customer relationship is responsible, eager to participate in resolving the problem and prompt.

Back