• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a VPS, requirements?

Once you sign up for a reliable web host for your website, you gain immediate access to any of the tools and features, and start building your web pages within minutes!

Look at your current usage and double it at least, triple is even better because coming half way through the month and running out of bandwidth is probable the worst thing you can do for your website, your users will probable desert you, if they see it isn’t online for a day or two.

I think I have outgrown shared hosting at Dreamhost, who I might add have been pretty good over the years.

This is what I currently host at Dreamhost and possibly someone can tell me approx. what I would need in a VPS.

Domains Hosted:
21 plus 2 subdomains

Email addresses:
50+

MySQL Databases:

Applications in use:
WordPress
Online Invoicing System 3.0
PHPlist (Never more than 800 emails per month/sending)
Machform (Contact form)

I don't tend to use massive amounts of bandwidth a month. Here are my latest stats:

3.87GB in the last month.
25.64GB the last 6 months.
89.12GB the last year.

So how much memory would I need (even burstable), and what would be a good host to go with?

Thanks in advance..
Based on your current usage and applications, a VPS with at least 2GB of memory should be sufficient. Look for a host that offers scalable resources, good customer support, and a reliable network.

Back