• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a new host after what VeoWeb did to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not aware that you were not receiving my personal emails up until the other day when it all pretty much dawned on me that you were basically getting nothing from me or the desk. For some reason I believe your current mailbox may be filtering us out. I have checked that all mail has indeed been successfully sent from my end.

The closed ticket may have been the one I was talking about, I only noticed it one day because I was filtering out junk mail in the closed tickets and I seen that you had replied to one awhile back (replies to a closed ticket go unnotified)

The windows messenger option was given in the last email I found out you did not receive.

The billing issue was disclosed, but I wanted to make sure you were up and running and everything was good before I worried about payment. To me billing is not my first concern, I extended an offer to you personally and I intended to keep my word.

I hold Avail in pretty high regards as it is my lifeblood and would bend over backwards for anyone at anytime to make sure all is well and people are happy. Please keep that in mind when dealing with me or the company personally, If you are not happy I would rather work with you then for you to just give up and walk away over an easily fixed issue.

Re:

Originally posted by AvailNetworks
The closed ticket may have been the one I was talking about, I only noticed it one day because I was filtering out junk mail in the closed tickets and I seen that you had replied to one awhile back (replies to a closed ticket go unnotified)

(replies to a closed ticket go unnotified)

So, you mean that it was only the replies to closed tickets that you were missing?

Anyway, I just got a nice E-mail from "Digital World Host" that had this following subject without the quotes:

"Sorry to hear about your hosting situation, maybe we can help?"

I will take a look at their promotion.

-Neil

Last edited:
I was missing replies from the closed ticket and not getting notified on a new one you were submitting. Also the one I sent you from my admin account you were not getting when I was going to get in and see if I couldn't help you via msn messenger's remote assistance.

Re:

Originally posted by Neil McRae

Oh no, I just looked at their promotion and they said that paypal is the only accepted payment method for this promotion. So here we go again with the paypal issue.

Anyway, I sent an E-mail to sales@digitalworldhost.com on Saturday Apr.15,2006 with the subject "Digital World Host" without the quotes asking them if their one regular plan matches my requirements and they never replied to it.

-Neil

Last edited:
Neil McRae said:
Oh no, I just looked at their promotion and they said that paypal is the only accepted payment method for this promotion. So here we go again with the paypal issue.

Anyway, I sent an E-mail to sales@digitalworldhost.com on Saturday Apr.15,2006 with the subject "Digital World Host" without the quotes asking them if their one regular plan matches my requirements and they never replied to it.

-Neil

Hey,

Thanks for taking a look at our promotion. And as to the email you sent to us..we did reply to it. I have a log of it...actually, two emails were sent to you; one at 4/15/2006 22:21:33 -0500 and one at 4/15/2006 22:14:29 -0500.

And the issue with the paypal...you do not want to sign up for a paypal account and I believe you don't need to if you make a one time payment with your credit card (as opposed to a subscription). And we could always do a wire transfer or something if you are interested.

Thanks,

Tang

P.S. Do you have msn or maybe another email?

Last edited:
I had a customer yesterday trying to pay with just credit card and couldn't without signing up with PayPal which they did after we both tried for over an hour, this was for a one time payment not subscription.

I emailed PayPal about this problem and they said that they don't allow just credit card payments and the customer would have to signup for an account and then pay for the hosting.

[JSH]John said:
I had a customer yesterday trying to pay with just credit card and couldn't without signing up with PayPal which they did after we both tried for over an hour, this was for a one time payment not subscription.

I emailed PayPal about this problem and they said that they don't allow just credit card payments and the customer would have to signup for an account and then pay for the hosting.

Hmm, I thought everyone knew this...

It is not like it takes very long to setup an account ;)

Neil McRae said:
Anyway, I just got a nice E-mail from "Digital World Host" that had this following subject without the quotes:

"Sorry to hear about your hosting situation, maybe we can help?"

So you signed up with someone who SPAMMED you? No wonder you have problems finding a reliable host.

Re:

Originally posted by computerhelpworld
And the issue with the paypal...you do not want to sign up for a paypal account and I believe you don't need to if you make a one time payment with your credit card (as opposed to a subscription)...

What exactly do you mean by that? What do you mean when you say that you believe I don't need to sign up for paypal if I make a one time payment with my credit card as opposed to a subscription?

Also, does your "Plan #3" require me to be a member of PayPal? Are other payment methods accepted for that plan?

...And we could always do a wire transfer or something if you are interested.

And what do you mean by a "wire transfer?"

P.S. Do you have msn or maybe another email?

I do have an alternate E-mail address that is with my ISP and can use that to contact with you, I just don't want to give that address on this board. The address I used to E-mail you on Saturday Apr.15,2006 is with Yahoo.

Originally posted by [JSH]John

So whatever computerhelpworld means when they say that they believe I don't need to sign up for paypal if I make a one time payment with my credit card, you mean that I do need a PayPal account in order to do whatever they are saying?

Originally posted by [JSH]John
Originally Posted by peace_hope
Hmm, I thought everyone knew this...

It is not like it takes very long to setup an account [noparse]
wink.gif
[/noparse]

True, not many people like to register for some reason...

I agree with you, [JSH]John, when you say that "not many people like to register for some reason." Like I said before, PayPal can be a hassle to sign up for, it is an inconvenience, and it's just one extra thing to look after.

Originally posted by ingfina
So you signed up with someone who SPAMMED you? No wonder you have problems finding a reliable host.

He didn't spam me, I said that he classified me starting new tickets as spam even though in the first reply he added to my ticket before the ticket where he replied and told me that he classifies me starting new tickets as spam he said something like this:

"Thank you for starting a new ticket, I missed your reply to your previous one."

I don't know why he would tell me that I was doing the right thing by opening new tickets and then in the next ticket classify me starting new tickets as spam.

Last edited:
he was talking about computer help world spamming you to aquire you as a hosting customer.

Also I said my helpdesk/email may have been considering all the transactions spam since there were a few emails with the exact same subject line, it may have just been dumping them in the spam bin. I did not say I personally was classifying them as spam

Ok i am not sure whats going on but one shouldnt spam someones inbox with plans and offers it looks cheap.

Later

Re:

he was talking about computer help world spamming you to aquire you as a hosting customer.

Originally posted by A1Owner
Ok i am not sure whats going on but one shouldnt spam someones inbox with plans and offers it looks cheap.

So, you both mean that I shouldn't host with "Digital World Host?" Was he not suppose to E-mail me with the link to his promotion?

Also I said my helpdesk/email may have been considering all the transactions spam since there were a few emails with the exact same subject line, it may have just been dumping them in the spam bin. I did not say I personally was classifying them as spam

I did not say I personally was classifying them as spam

Okay then, but it was in the same reply where you told me that your helpdesk/email may have been considering all the transactions as spam and that it may have just been dumping them in the spam bin where you told me to not open any more tickets or reopen closed tickets. I still don't know why you would tell me to not open any more tickets or reopen closed tickets after telling me in your first reply in the ticket before that one that I was doing the right thing by opening a new ticket after you missing my latest reply to the previous ticket before that one.

I was stating to not open any more tickets or reopen a closed ones after we had figured out what was going on, because neither of us were getting replies from the desk (the helpdesk error with a few users)

Going directly to my personal email was a way to facilitate a conversation and get your problem resolved without interacting with the helpdesk

Neil McRae said:
So, you both mean that I shouldn't host with "Digital World Host?" Was he not suppose to E-mail me with the link to his promotion?

Look neil its ur life, ur inbox all we did was express our thoughts and never said dont host with so and so ... So decide what you think is best for you, not what others tell what is best for u.

ingfina said:

Lol, wow. I think I just lost all respect for people here.

I send him one email and its spam? And just so you know, he didn't sign up to anything with us yet.

SPAM is unsolicited email. It's the same as the credit card offers and million dollar giveaways you receive at home, except online. You didn't ask for them they just came. You saw a business opportunity. You "harvested" this person's email and used it to send him an advertisement promoting your services. He didn't ask for it. It just came. It was unsolicited. Therefore, it was small-scale SPAM.

I, personally, don't hold you against that. I don't completely shun all banks and lenders because they send me junk mail. As a matter of ethics and personal opinion, however, I do believe you should have made your offer public in the first place to open the table for a free market, open competition, and voluntary exchange: the three necessary ingredients for a capitalist society.

To everybody else: Now that his offer his public, though not by his choice, please kindly "lay off." I don't see yet why PM'ing offers hasn't been formerly banned on this site, despite its obvious difficulties in enforcement.

computerhelpworld said:
Lol, wow. I think I just lost all respect for people here.

I send him one email and its spam? And just so you know, he didn't sign up to anything with us yet.

I know what you mean, so what if you sent him an offer, good on you, even I sent him one.

Re:

Originally posted by GamePhreak
...You "harvested" this person's email and used it to send him an advertisement promoting your services. He didn't ask for it. It just came. It was unsolicited. Therefore, it was small-scale SPAM.

So, you mean that the E-mail computerhelpworld sent to me WAS spam?

...I don't completely shun all banks and lenders because they send me junk mail...

Say if one bank sends a junk mail to your house, you mean that just because of that you don't stop using that bank's services?

Originally posted by A1Owner
Look neil its ur life, ur inbox all we did was express our thoughts and never said dont host with so and so ... So decide what you think is best for you, not what others tell what is best for u.

I know you are saying that I should make my own decision about who to host with, but what are your opinions about "Digital World Host?"

...As a matter of ethics and personal opinion, however, I do believe you should have made your offer public in the first place to open the table for a free market, open competition, and voluntary exchange: the three necessary ingredients for a capitalist society.

By that, do you mean that computerhelpworld shouldn't have sent me the E-mail and instead should have posted a reply to this topic where it can be public that way?

Originally posted by Craig
I know what you mean, so what if you sent him an offer, good on you, even I sent him one.

I did receive your offer and I might consider you, unless everybody else here thinks that 3GB of space and 10GB of bandwidth per month for $3.95 per month looks cheap. Again, I know you are saying that I should make my own decision about who to host with. IMO, I think that Craig knows what he's talking about when he says this in one part of his FAQ:

Originally posted here
...ALWAYS go safe.

But that's just my opinion, do you think that he's a reliable host?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back