• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Need a new host after what VeoWeb did to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Neil

We can offer you a small personal package but it will require a 6 or 12 months pre/payment via 2checkout (any credit/debit card).

The plan:

500MB Disk Space
5GB Data Transfer
cPanel / Fantastico
Un-metered Features

Cost: $24/ per 6 months or $44/ per 12 months
Payment: 2checkout (No account needed)

Ok, our support:

We are based in the United Kingdom & our servers are located in the USA. We do have servers within the UK in our own 2x47U racks at our datacenter.

Forums: We have a active forum with members posting daily, you can visit the forum : Click Here We have no problem with members posting support, in fact we like that as it helps other members find issues & solutions (if any) faster.

Live Chat: Now, I wont say its 24/7 because it isn't, our live chat is online for 12 hours a day. Its also live 24/7 on a Friday. Just because it isnt online doesnt mean there isnt anyone there.

Support Desk: Most support is done via our 24/7 manned kayako helpdesk, our average response time is 30 minutes, we do have a SLA which you can read on our site.

If you have any questions please do drop me a line, this is a custom plan so there isnt any link, you can contact me at: craig@hostingdepartment.net

Last edited:
Re:

Originally posted by Bruce
You don't have to have a PayPal account to use a credit card with them.

You mean that both a1whs.com and NetCafe don't require me to be a member of PayPal in order to pay for their services?

Originally posted by Craig
We can offer you a small personal package but it will require a 6 or 12 months pre/payment via 2checkout (any credit/debit card).

That should be okay because I said above that I prefer to pay annually. And I also used 2checkout when I made my payments while my site was hosted with Innerweb.

Cost: $24/ per 6 months or $44/ per 12 months

Would the $44 per year be in Canadian dollars?

Live Chat: Now, I wont say its 24/7 because it isn't, our live chat is online for 12 hours a day

I guess 12 hours per day should be okay, just as long as someone's there everyday.

Now, I will send you an E-mail, Craig, if I have anymore questions about your host. And again, after all of your replies I still have lots of hosts to look through before I start sending E-mails and make my final decision.

-Neil

Neil McRae said:
Would the $44 per year be in Canadian dollars?
-Neil

No, thats USD.

There is someone on live chat everyday, you can also contact us via MSN/AIM which is online most of the day.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Neil McRae said:
You mean that both a1whs.com and NetCafe don't require me to be a member of PayPal in order to pay for their services?
No, I mean PayPal doesn't require you to be a member. ;)

I'm pretty sure it works for all credit cards... When you get directed to the PayPal page where you're paying for the service you have the option of either logging in, or just paying with a credit card without doing so.

EZHost Solutions said:
$44 Canadian and $44 American is a big difference...

44.00 USD
United States Dollars =51.33 CAD
Canada Dollars

I wouldnt call that a big difference :).

Bruce said:
I'm pretty sure it works for all credit cards... When you get directed to the PayPal page where you're paying for the service you have the option of either logging in, or just paying with a credit card without doing so.

Not really, I remembered used to have the option of not signing on but now its forced.

Maybe its something we did not setup correctly?

Hello,

We can offer you our Bronze Plan :

Bronze Plan :

400mb Web Space
5GB Data Transfer
Unlimited POP3
PHP & MySQL
Fantastico
Site Builder - new
Cpanel
30 Day Money Back
Free Domain!
For only £29.99 a Year.
£2.99 Per Month

We also offer 24x7x365 technical support, 24 hours phone support, live chat, E-mail and ticket support, great uptime.

NetCafe said:
Not really, I remembered used to have the option of not signing on but now its forced.
Maybe its something we did not setup correctly?
Quote from PayPal:
Don't Have a PayPal Account?
Pay securely using your credit card, or bank account where available.
Perhaps the "where available" is only the US. I don't know.

Bruce said:
Quote from PayPal:
Perhaps the "where available" is only the US. I don't know.

Actually for subscriptions i think paypal is needed and visa card wont do but for donations you can simply use your credit card from any country.

For subscription the checkout leads to a page displaying his message :

To begin using the award-winning services of PayPal, simply fill in your information below and click the "Continue" button.

So i guess you will end up getting paypal account. But i dont see the problem with having paypal account.

And neil yes that is correct it wont hurt much if you use 6 gb instead of 3 gb.

Regards.

No, it doesn't work for subscriptions... I didn't think anyone actually used those anyway. :p

subscriptions do save alot of headaches. I personally don't like paypal, it is a pain to manage and it seems people are always waiting until the very last second before I close out the account to pay

does anybody here use a real merchant account and a payment gateway? paypal seems to have an overwhelming presence here

Hello Neil,

come home to a true Canadian Web Host. We are based out of Toronto with our servers located in Montreal.

We might be a little more but you get what you pay for.

350 MB of Disk Space
10 GB Monthly Transfer
$107.40 Canadian for the year - free domain for the first year - transfers are okay as well.(it will add an additional year to the expiry date.)

99.9% Uptime Guaranteed Our Server Uptime

We accept Visa, MC, Amex through 2CO.com, paypal and money orders.

For more info visit us at PrimeHost.ca - Web Hosting Canada

Re:

Originally posted by EZHost Solutions
I'm willing to charge Canadian dollars because I live in Canada...

Wow, another Canadian hosting company.

Originally Posted by EZHost Solutions
$44 Canadian and $44 American is a big difference...

44.00 USD
United States Dollars =51.33 CAD
Canada Dollars

I wouldnt call that a big difference :)

I agree that $44.00 U.S. doesn't sound like a big difference compared to $51.33 Canadian, that should be an okay price for me to pay every year. That price isn't too high for me.

Originally posted by AvailNetworks
...I personally don't like paypal, it is a pain to manage and it seems people are always waiting until the very last second before I close out the account to pay

I agree with you. PayPal's just an extra thing to sign up for, an extra thing to look after. That's why I think it's a pain to have.

Originally posted by PrimeHost
come home to a true Canadian Web Host. We are based out of Toronto with our servers located in Montreal.

Wow, yet another Canadian hosting company.

Re:

Okay, I just sent an E-mail to the following hosts:

Digital World Host
NeonCube Internet Solutions
HostFrog
Zx4Host
UmbraHosting
Brushed-Red.COM
Avail Networks, LLC
UK Web Hosting
PrimeHost.ca
SITE5.com
HostGator

And I got an offer via E-mail from this board's user "nesrelshark." Does he even have a hosting company? I searched this board for other posts of his and found him making a lot of requests and asking a lot of support questions. So if he does have a hosting company, it sounds like right now he might just be hosting FTP accounts on someone else's hosting provider. He didn't give me a URL to the site of his hosting company in the E-mail he sent me and I couldn't find a link on this board, but I replied to his E-mail anyway and I'll see if any hosting he provides is worth the trouble. He did say to PM him if I'm interested, but I have private messages turned off on this board so instead I replied to the E-mail he sent me.

-Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back