• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

namezero

megacool

i registered a domain name at namezero dot com, but now i tried to register another but i havent received a confirmation email since about 18 hrs... any one know anything about this leme know! thankx

If you have bothered to read the application qualifications they only allow one domain per person, same goes with the other free domain servers, although ineffect what they do screen is e-mail addresses. If you register with a different e-mail addresses you should be able to register as many domains as you wish.

Regards
Lizardlarry

Just try it again. My experiences with them are that they seem to loose signups quite frequently.

Namezero takes ages to register ur acct. i waited a few days and still no reply. i then used namedemo and got it registered straight way!

Originally posted by megacool
i registered a domain name at namezero dot com, but now i tried to register another but i havent received a confirmation email since about 18 hrs... any one know anything about this leme know! thankx

I NEVER received a confirmation e-mail when I signed up there eons ago. I just kept checking the name every so often and it finally commenced working one day. Then I made use of the "lost password" feature to get the PW that I never received in the first place.

at start namezero.com's email system was extremely bad (and perhaps it still is). i think they run all their email in and out through a program (possibly perl).. they add the 'namezero.com' tag lines to the end of every email. sometimes i don't receive test emails i send to myself just to see how slow their email service is.

so even their 'confirmation' email sometimes don't get to the person that signed up.

also.. about signing up twice.. namezero says they verify your address (home address) to see if its correct and the domains are one to an address. if they get entries with an address already signed up they will delete it.

Originally posted by Jerry
at start namezero.com's email system was extremely bad (and perhaps it still is). i think they run all their email in and out through a program (possibly perl).. they add the 'namezero.com' tag lines to the end of every email. sometimes i don't receive test emails i send to myself just to see how slow their email service is.

so even their 'confirmation' email sometimes don't get to the person that signed up.

also.. about signing up twice.. namezero says they verify your address (home address) to see if its correct and the domains are one to an address. if they get entries with an address already signed up they will delete it.

I don't know about that... I accidently got two domains there and had the same home address for both. I signed up for the first one before they opened and anyone knew about them. Never heard anything back and then heard they were open, so I signed up for a different one. Later on, after accidently discovering that the second one was working (with no confirmation), I checked the original one and guess what... It was there too.

Thanks guys. How about name demo are they worth and what kind of ad bar they put...and also does any one knows any good yet cheap registerar with web forwarding... what i want to do is that i want to host my site on a free host and also use everyone.net email. But i dont think i can do that at joker.com.. anyone has better ideas? thanks

Thanks guys. How about name demo are they worth and what kind of ad bar they put...and also does any one knows any good yet cheap registerar with web forwarding... what i want to do is that i want to host my site on a free host and also use everyone.net email. But i dont think i can do that at joker.com.. anyone has better ideas? thanks

Probably the best way to accomplish that would be to use a cheap registrar, (gkg.net is $8.99 a year right now), then use centralinfo.net for DNS and use wzr.net's IP address, then forward from there to your site. There's a tutorial file at WZR that details how to do this. You can change MX records at Central Info. to use everyone.net and can also setup a subdomain for your e-mail at that site. I use this setup for one of my sites and despite how many places it goes thru, it's still pretty quick.

Re: Re: NameZero

Probably the best way to accomplish that would be to use a cheap registrar, (gkg.net is $8.99 a year right now), then use centralinfo.net for DNS and use wzr.net's IP address, then forward from there to your site. There's a tutorial file at WZR that details how to do this. You can change MX records at Central Info. to use everyone.net and can also setup a subdomain for your e-mail at that site. I use this setup for one of my sites and despite how many places it goes thru, it's still pretty quick.

Thanks... can u please gime the url of ur site, if any, using such setup..i.e wzr and centralinfo..!

Re: Re: Re: NameZero

Thanks... can u please gime the url of ur site, if any, using such setup..i.e wzr and centralinfo..!

My main site is: http://www.alexiacafe.com, and my "personal" site is http://www.mandrake.com.ru. I also have an e-mail site: http://www.1301.net. I originally got that one to start an FWP, but it didn't work out so right now only the e-mail is there (thru everyone.net). Also I have a client site set up this way: http://www.steelegymnastics.com. Been using these services for almost a year now and have been pretty satisfied. :)

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

i finally got the emails but i mis typed the address it was rpk i type prk in a part... and now im doooomed again :(((

Back