• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My Wi-Fi Setup

sharkbyte

me, i have a nice Netgear WGR614 802.11g router (review here ) i like the fact that it stands up vertically :D after that, i have aNetgear (once again) 8-port ProSafe VPN FVS318 (specs&user opinions here )

in the future, i plan to add a Cobalt Qube and some kind of Wi-Fi media adapter to stream my MP3's to my stereo (any suggestions?)

whats YOUR Wi-Fi Setup???

i'll be getting a wireless network setup in a few months when i get dsl. right now i'm getting 802.11g card for my laptop so i can use my school's wireless network and t1 line to download stuff :)

I have a dual WAN Xincom Router for my DSL and Cable Connection. I have 1 pc hard wired directly into the router. 1 3com hub that gives access to my workstation on the other side of the room.

I have a Orinoco AP 200 Access Point connected to the Xincom Router. I have a Orinco Gold PCIMCI Card for my laptop. My father's PC is using a Netgear USB Wirelss Adapter.

That's all.

Wireless only for my laptops. Desktops are all wired.

Debian Linux router with Dlink Wireless AP, work very good.

I get 90%+ reception throughout my whole house.

My laptop uses a SMC atmel chipset pcmcia card, and my brother's laptop has centrino wireless. Dad's laptop has some no name cheap --- pcmcia I got of ebay for a couple of bucks.

Last edited:
Back