• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

My PS/2 Ports Fried

DarkBlood

NLC
NLC
Glad I kept my wireless USB Mouse/Keyboard Combo from Logitech, though it's a little annoying to use sometimes.

I can't believe my PS/2 Ports fried. One day they were working fine, next, poof! This is on my new 600 USD AMD x64 computer that I got about 4 months prior. Problem: I didn't buy the year plan because I didn't think it was necessary.

thats ok, i had a 19" monitor i spent like $500 on a few years back, and just a couple months ago it was working fine, then i rebooted my comp, and poof, it wouldnt turn back on. any other monitor works when i plug it in, but, not it. going to take it out to the desert and blow it up. should be fun. :p

thats ok, i had a 19" monitor i spent like $500 on a few years back, and just a couple months ago it was working fine, then i rebooted my comp, and poof, it wouldnt turn back on. any other monitor works when i plug it in, but, not it. going to take it out to the desert and blow it up. should be fun. :p

video or it didn't happen

Luckily it was only your PS/2 ports. If it was your video card or something else that would've been worse. At least you still have your USB ports to use :).

I keep on my computer a lot now, and my grandmother thinks that's pushing it to its limits and then some. So, I gotta make sure I don't leave it on when I'm gone and she's not.

I guess I'm really hard on my electronics, huh.

U use wireless mouse, but face many problem, its heavy in weight, some time not working , always charging issue. So through it in the corner of my office and purchased usb and enjoying with it

Guess what people, A back panel USB Port is finally dying.

Had to switch to using my wireless keyboard/mouse combo because it only requires one USB Port in the back. My computer is dying. :(

Maybe I have it on too much like grandma said.

[JSH]John;1068890 said:
You aren't having much luck with computers are you :p.

Yeah, not going to get a gateway again -_-

Any non-online brands I should look at? (IE: Dell, ASUS, HP, Toshiba, COMPAQ, Sony)

Yeah, not going to get a gateway again -_-

Any non-online brands I should look at? (IE: Dell, ASUS, HP, Toshiba, COMPAQ, Sony)

Whitebox?

Shouldn't the comp be under warranty for a full year directly with gateway or gateway is one of those 90 days warranties? You can always try your luck calling them and asking for a new mobo!

EDIT: it does have full year on both part and labour (according to the Best Buy link) so say Screw You to Best Buy and call Gateway yourself!!!

EDIT: it does have full year on both part and labour (according to the Best Buy link) so say Screw You to Best Buy and call Gateway yourself!!!

I'm pretty sure gateway will make up an excuse to not service it:

"Oh, you replaced the power supply and then you decided to put back the original one. We can't service your machine because of the possibility of you destroying parts due to electric charge from the new power supply."

I'm also not willing to mail the computer or drive... though according to the 1-year limited warranty, they ship me the parts.

Normal Wear and tear is also not supported (Keep in mind, the DX4200-UB101A desktop computer I have was shipped in July 2008, meaning I bought it not too long after it shipped to Best Buy.

Once I find the receipt (Which I can't find now) I might call them.

Edit: No, I just read the warranty over again, and it's too much of a hassle.

Last edited:
Back