• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mwzaf has been hacked

A few "mere" years?. Wow.

TBH, with a RAID-10 array if one fails I can just pop a new one in and be good as new.

Anyway, it was fun chatting with you. Have a great night. :D

Actually not as good as new, it will take several hours to rebuild the array, the higher capacity the longer.

That's a downtime which could have been avoided if you cared to purchase proper server HDs.

Not to mention long-term costs and downtimes will go up because all your HDs will fail significantly quicker than they should.

Actually not as good as new, it will take several hours to rebuild the array, the higher capacity the longer.

That's a downtime which could have been avoided if you cared to purchase proper server HDs.

Not to mention long-term costs and downtimes will go up because all your HDs will fail significantly quicker than they should.

When RAID-10 repairs the array there is no downtime during the rebuild/resync...

it seems like mwzaf's data is not lost, just the hacker defaced their main page to teach them a lesson only.
coz there is no complaint about data lost in their forum.
or maybe they deleted those post, i dunno,
lol

but from wat i see, it seems like the hosting owner are not really serious about his web hosting service. coz the server owner himself hardly reply in his own forum

Could be he is busy fixing things. :idea:

And just who does he have to explain to? Are you hosted there?

I'd think they'd post a notice to the same forum they advertise on, such as this one.

It turns out also they're (wavering) in my spread of surveyed hosts which studies data beyond the host-produced ads.

Why hasnt he explained the situation? I would think that if a host was hacked, that owner would say something about it.

This bothers me for a related reason. By now he's got his basic page restored. It takes only 1.6 minutes to blast out an "I'm Sorry" message. Normally we suffer from an overdose of marketing-speak damage-spin, so the total absence of communication is exactly the kind of thing I set out to investigate.

Currently they're scheduled for removal on my next spread update. It's slated for about February, so they get a month of inertia until then.

Even mirrored RAID is not a true backup. A true backup stores the data on a separate system. Mirrored RAID levels cannot be truly considered separate systems from the primary data source.

As TSO said RAID is only for harddrive failure protection [in a backup sense]

The only REAL backup is on a separate system preferably in a different location i.e. Main server in Dallas TX backup server in Atl GA

Back