• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

MP4 Codec Issues

Matt8

All? No, ALL!
NLC
So I downloaded this video that is MP4...I am unable to watch it. I have tried Winamp (Lite version), Windows Media Player, even VLC and nothing is playing it correctly. Audio comes through just peachy but the video is completely white.

I am leery to go downloading codecs from a google search because I remember from when I worked on PCs that viruses/spyware is commonly found in codec packs. Any ideas on this one? I have never seen a format VLC couldn't open...

Media Player Classic.

If any of those doesn't work, maybe the video is wrong/corrupted/whatever.

Let's call the video "Bush".

Even in quicktime, no luck. I think I'll just give up on the file, must be corrupted.

Don't install a program you don't need.

That's my reply to anyone who wants to install or has installed VLC.

Go fetch K-Lite Codec Package.

That's still installing something you don't need :p VLC plays almost everything, K-lite doesn't have all the codecs.

Well, I didn't give up like I said I would, I tried this K-Lite full codec pack. Same issue still. Must have just been a corrupt file (time to uninstall all that stuff now)

One other option...Try and convert it to something else...who knows maybe it will work

You know, the problem persists with other videos now! I definitely have some kind of codec issue, even with K-Lite installed. Any ideas? Just seeing my videos in white!

Back