• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mozilla Question

Christopher

Is there any way to make all links and stuff open into the tabbed browsing?

And is there a way to get rid of the image placeholders?

Originally posted by Christopher
Is there any way to make all links and stuff open into the tabbed browsing?

You mean right-clicking on a link and choosing "Open Link In New Tab" on the menu? Is that what you were asking for? I think you only open links in new tabs "on the fly."

Or to open a new tab by just typing Control-T (if you're using a PC, not sure of other platforms).

I don't believe you can make all links open in tabs, but there are a couple options in Edit > Preferences > Navigator > Tabbed Browsing. One, for example, allows you to open links in a new tab by middle-clicking them (if you have a three button mouse) or control-left-clicking them (if you don't).

What do you mean by "image placeholders"?

Originally posted by Dusty
What do you mean by "image placeholders"?

I think he means those little gray boxes with the colored things in the corner that show before an image is loaded.

Originally posted by Ben

I think he means those little gray boxes with the colored things in the corner that show before an image is loaded.
Yup, those are the ones :)

Im kinda geting used to it now thought.

Originally posted by Ben

Those things? The closest thing to "getting rid" of image placeholders is BannerBlind, it's somewhere at mozdev.org, but the size of the images have to be manually configured.

Back