• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

mouse over link changes text...?

carlito

Umm...hi hehe

On my site (http://corrs.net.tf/) I want to make it so when someone mouse overs one of my links in the Main Menu, on the left an information box comes up giving more information (text).

Is that possible? So for each time you mouse over a different link, different text is displayed...?

Something like that anywayz :cool:

I don't fully understand the how to (im on my 4th day programing html) but i do have some good webistes that i use for how to's.
This Site Has a how to on what you are doing, they use images that apear on the left of the links but you should be able to change the images to a text box or worst case just make the text boxes you want into images.

The part your most intrested in is a couple pages into it but i started you at the beginging for any other refrences.

edit, changed the link a bit, old one put you close, but not exactly where i ment it

Last edited:
I didn't reply because I know a simple search in google will give you plenty of hits for it
You can either solve it using pure CSS (set visibility to hidden and set it to visible with a:hover) or find a "tooltip" javascript to do it for you.

I don't fully understand the how to (im on my 4th day programing html) but i do have some good webistes that i use for how to's.
This Site Has a how to on what you are doing, they use images that apear on the left of the links but you should be able to change the images to a text box or worst case just make the text boxes you want into images.

The part your most intrested in is a couple pages into it but i started you at the beginging for any other refrences.

edit, changed the link a bit, old one put you close, but not exactly where i ment it
thanks but you can also check out the tutorial for HTML to get your answers

Back