• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Most popular webservers

Sitebee

UFO Hunter
NLC
I stumbled on a website today that provides analytical data on websites, something caught my atention on their homepage, it listed the top 10 webservers of all the websites the service has crawled.

webservers.PNG

Out of the 10 webservers there was 3 I`ve never heard of before which are:

Oversee Turing v1.0.0
YTS
GSE

Has anyone else heard of those? It also got me thinking I wonder how many other webservers that are floating around?

Here`s the URL I found this info: http://www.pagesinventory.com/

Edit:
Just found out that YTS is yahoo and GSE is google webserver, still not sure what Oversee Turing is though as I cannot find their website.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Oversee is related to oversee.net as they run advertising programmes, so they're most likely showing up on a fair few websites.

[JSH]John;1173751 said:
I'm wondering if Oversee is related to oversee.net as they run advertising programmes, so they're most likely showing up on a fair few websites.
I think they are related.

Apache and IIS are and will always be most popular because they are installed by default. People often are lazy and use what's there already.

Back