• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

More Moderators required in paid hosting section

Coight

NLC
NLC
I think the paid forum section requires more moderators. I spoke to Jan about it but not sure if she has been to busy or what not but nothing has been done. Nearly every post is breaking the rules.

MN-Robert said:
I think the paid forum section requires more moderators. I spoke to Jan about it but not sure if she has been to busy or what not but nothing has been done. Nearly every post is breaking the rules.
i'd be up for the job, what are the requirements?, and yes i have been here a while and have learnt quite a few things here.

i think you haven't heard about this " if you want to do the job, we will come to you"

its a very common word in dc world :)

aki said:
i think you haven't heard about this " if you want to do the job, we will come to you"

its a very common word in dc world :)
maybe you didnt notice, but the thread is requesting for them...... its common sense in this thread.....

Bleh, Aki is write, I dunno what the situation is like in Paid Hosting, but if they need more mods.......which seems kind of odd as there's only like 20 people on whenever I come, then Jan and Peo will address it.

Hobo said:
Bleh, Aki is write, I dunno what the situation is like in Paid Hosting, but if they need more mods.......which seems kind of odd as there's only like 20 people on whenever I come, then Jan and Peo will address it.
well, i m relating to the thread, and not the forum.

mmkmaste said:
maybe you didnt notice, but the thread is requesting for them...... its common sense in this thread.....
The thread isn't requesting applications for moderators.

MN-Robert isn't even a moderator -- he was making a suggestion that more moderators are required in the given forum.

Nobody asked if you wanted to be one.

mmkmaste said:
i have been here a while and have learnt quite a few things here.
Seeing how much opposition you get, I can see you werent here long enough :)

Yes, the problems in the paid hosting (and maybe the other hosting) sections are getting worse, but i don't think we should blame the mods or lack of. All it takes is someone to click that little triangle to report the post so a mod can come and clean it up. Instead, we get several people flaming the original poster for their error. Or we have people spamming their offers when it's against the rules and the mods just clean it up but it doesn't stop the person from doing it again. Maybe we can set up a better punishment system. First a warning (maybe visible in their sig so they actually see it), then a temporary ban of a day or two, and repeat offenders can be banned from FWS or banned from the hosting sections.

phuckedup said:
Yes, the problems in the paid hosting (and maybe the other hosting) sections are getting worse, but i don't think we should blame the mods or lack of. All it takes is someone to click that little triangle to report the post so a mod can come and clean it up. Instead, we get several people flaming the original poster for their error. Or we have people spamming their offers when it's against the rules and the mods just clean it up but it doesn't stop the person from doing it again. Maybe we can set up a better punishment system. First a warning (maybe visible in their sig so they actually see it), then a temporary ban of a day or two, and repeat offenders can be banned from FWS or banned from the hosting sections.
actually, that is a very good idea, IPB has a warn system..

yeah, but still mods/admin are the only c
an warn them :p . maybe a report function

you mean the triangle under your details?

or a warning system to warn / report the user not just the post?

a report system like IPB so users can send mod report some one break the rules (if they haven't noticed) but i guess someone would abuse that :)

Yeah, it would be abused..

If there's someone i want a mod to deal with, i report the post and in the reason i just ask the mod to talk to the person. Or i post a public message to the person here and have a go at them. Why not try this too?

Back