• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mod Scam, Mods Please Update, Is This A Scam Or What?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ako said:
Well there is a list of IP zones, and all people from egypt have those same digits in their ip if they are from egypt.
Cool!
But maybe he wasnt a member.. because he didnt notes that there was this thread!:biggrin2:

FYI
62.139.252.30 IS LISTED BY:
spammers.v6net.org 65.77.130.111
xbl.selwerd.cx 203.119.12.63
block.blars.org 127.1.0.1
blackholes.five-ten-sg.com 62 139 185 165 misc spam

http://www.dslreports.com/whois - use 62.139.252.30

Routes through flagtel.com as an ISP, African origin registered.

Would appear to be a server used for these activities as trace attempts give a blank using normal means - although I'm guessing with response times and final reply it is actually UK based.

More info - if this means anything to anyone.

'Click-to Ionedge_website from Equipment_Directory
on 3/12/2005 at 8:22 by IP address 62.139.252.30'

http://www.finishing.com/

Seems a weird hobby so I don't think it's a kiddy attempt but a sustained one.

Info from the Honeypot Project

Subnet located in France, and is a mail (only) server. Bloody bulletproof again no doubt and bouncing.

Example Messages Sent From This IP
Subject: Important Notification: Please update your account

I'll see if I can run some other tracers and give the results.

Well done decker!
I wont even ask how you did that:p
[EDIT] Post NR. 4oo!

Last edited:
Well I was pretty ill for a bit, sorry I wasn't up to it before - it would have given me a bit of a boost to get back to it I suppose.

God I never touched a comp for 6 months.

And daytime TV is BOOOOORING - so this would have been good therapy :D

Oh... Cant wait for any updates :p

Hmm by the way, are the ips that leyther and Garfield found matching? If not then maybe this guy is on a modem connection or he is using proxy.

Nah, this ain't a proxie it's a bulletproof.

It has been detected and proxies used by this type rotate IP's so it doesn'r show as the same one all the time.

Unfortunately these are difficult to track as they use routing techniques to mask who they are.

You really have to run a probe on an IP and monitor it 24/7 till it starts to feed out then you can get some detail.

Basically Phorensics for computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back