• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mod Scam, Mods Please Update, Is This A Scam Or What?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah if you look, me and Peo joined on the same date, and have pretty close to the same number of posts.... spooky huh? :D

Hi!

Guys,

This thread has been SO valuable so thank you very much for the replies and I'm glad to see such an active community against this.

I'm a staff member from Neowin.net

We're currently experiencing this guy at Neowin and we're beating him off by claiming back the addresses he uses instantly.

I WILL bring this guy down so if anyone has addresses, names, phone numbers etc that would be handy. Hit the email button on my profile :)

Thanks

creamhackered said:
Guys,

This thread has been SO valuable so thank you very much for the replies and I'm glad to see such an active community against this.

I'm a staff member from Neowin.net

We're currently experiencing this guy at Neowin and we're beating him off by claiming back the addresses he uses instantly.

I WILL bring this guy down so if anyone has addresses, names, phone numbers etc that would be handy. Hit the email button on my profile :)

Thanks

Really if you think about it, anyone who would PAY to be a moderator on ANY forum is down right stupid, so the "scam" would only be attractive to a brain-dead individual.

HostFrog said:
Really if you think about it, anyone who would PAY to be a moderator on ANY forum is down right stupid, so the "scam" would only be attractive to a brain-dead individual.
No, they were offering to pay you.

I think you got it wrong hostfrog. The person wasnt asking for money, he was telling them eh would pay them $400/month if they would be a moderator.

Yeah...read more of the thread and come back to us before posting. The scammer was getting unsuspecting people's paypal logins so he could drain their bank accounts. He would ask for their FWS password, and their paypal email so he could 'send the $400" and then he'd put the two together. He'd also ask the password hint questions and for a bnak account number to "deposit the money" just in case the passwords didnt match.

Nah, I really don't want to waste time reading a thread that is pretty much point less, besides its gone on too long anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back