• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"Millenium Hosting" is BIG SCAM charged $2,400 after 3 days of "unlimited bandwidth"

Ok folks DEVIANTHOSTER = MIKEERWIN = MILLENIUM_HOST

So obviously after being exposed in the thread, Mike Erwin quickly registered another alias, this time "DeviantHoster", which is actually what he is... a scam artist.

I did say this "Mike Erwin" recently edited his site to modify the descriptions of his plans, getting rid of the unlimited bandwidth offer. That's easy enough to do. Also, he did raise his prices.

And he completely made up the 2,400GB usage, absolutely made it up... folks, this guy is a big freaking liar! I have many, many emails from him saying that the bandwidth was unlimited... and I was the one concerned about him being able to give me what he promised!

There is no way in hell I could have consumed even 240 megas of bandwidth, let alone 2,400... I had just registered the domain with Yahoo last week... don't you see this guy is taking everyone for a ride, laughing hard while he writes bull plotting the next move... anyway, you all have been warned.

Another interesting piece of data: Mike Erwin has been online since September 11, 2005... we are not talking about an "established" hosting provider... anyway, the damage with me is done, I just wanted to warn you guys of this scam artist.

you are so very wrong on a whole bunch of things there
1) me and mike aren't even close to the same person don't even live in the same country.
2) wether or not unlimited bandwidth was offered isn't my problem.
3) I only came on here to state what I know as the sever owner.
4) again your calling him a scam artist. is anyone forcing you to pay anything are you out any money at all?
By the very definition of a scam artist you'd fit the bill more then he.

5) I can give proof of the bandwidth usuage by your sites.from the very server logs however it's not my job.
Again I only came on here in order to clear a few things up...you have been provided with logs of your bandwidth usage. Now if you chose to pay or not is up to you and out of my hands. (also not my concern)

However I don't know to many people that would rent pretty much a whole dedicated server to you (we won't even talk about cpu and ram usage from your site) due to the sheer number of sites you want to host. and for the price he offered you he would have lost alot more then he would ever have made from this.

Again before you go involving me if your little hissy fit and saying I'm something I'm not get your facts straigh the only thing I have to do with millenium hosting is the server and being paid for such.

devianthoster said:
2) wether or not unlimited bandwidth was offered isn't my problem.
This is a central issue here, because that's the main broken promise (among others). So if you Mike are trying to clear anything up, then you should be concerned.

devianthoster said:
3) I only came on here to state what I know as the sever owner.
The server is from layeredtech.com, are you the owner of layeredtech? Because that's where Mike said his server was, and that's what traceroute says it is.

devianthoster said:
4) again your calling him a scam artist. is anyone forcing you to pay anything are you out any money at all?
I'm out whole bunch of work I did setting up the site, and I got charged $2,400 on PayPal for BW I absolutely did not and could not use, you/Mike made that bw usage up. It's just a plain fat lie... the layeredtech server offers 1TB per server. Mike/you has only one server. How come you say it's 2.4TB, and if it was true, why didn't you stop this extreme usage before?

devianthoster said:
By the very definition of a scam artist you'd fit the bill more then he.
You are making even less sense here, I didn't do anything wrong other than trusting you, Mike.

devianthoster said:
5) I can give proof of the bandwidth usuage by your sites.from the very server logs however it's not my job.
Again I only came on here in order to clear a few things up...you have been provided with logs of your bandwidth usage. Now if you chose to pay or not is up to you and out of my hands. (also not my concern)
What I saw on CPanel was minimal, marginal bandwidth usage. The site had less than 5 visitors in a day, and I was one of them. To talk about 2.4TB it's a ridiculous lie, I don't think it's even possible in three days!

devianthoster said:
However I don't know to many people that would rent pretty much a whole dedicated server to you (we won't even talk about cpu and ram usage from your site) due to the sheer number of sites you want to host. and for the price he offered you he would have lost alot more then he would ever have made from this.

So now Mike you sound like you made up this story about 2,4TB BW usage to get rid of an account that you thought would make you lose money. Well, it's pretty clear once again that you are Mike Erwin indeed. What cpu and ram usage are you talking about? Again, are you with layeredtech.com? Stop pretending, Mike.

devianthoster said:
Again before you go involving me if your little hissy fit and saying I'm something I'm not get your facts straigh the only thing I have to do with millenium hosting is the server and being paid for such.
Again, are you with layeredtech? Because layeredtech owns and hosts that server. Mike Erwin/MilleniumHosting.net bought a AMD 2600 server from layeredtech.com, that's easy to see if you trace the domain, and he mentioned that. So are you the owner of layeredtech.com?

Regardless, if you have like you say proof of 2,4TB usage in three days post it here... it's just a bunch of baloney. And you are, indeed, Mike. Same confused, feverish grammar and lies.

Last edited:
JLHost said:
Perhaps a moderator can check the IP addresses of the three identities.
This would work in case he did indeed use the same connection... but it could still be the same person using more than one connection. Myself today I used two connections, one at work, another one at home. So if the IPs turn out to be different, it doesn't mean they are two different people. And a proxy is very easy to pick and hide behind a proxy... just pick a proxy from another country and claim "we are not even from the same country".

1) it's not my job to stop anything I don't control his sites and what he does with it.
2) I'm a layered tech reseller I rented the server to mike whatvever happens beyone that isn't my doing.
3) all I care about is wether I get paid for my bill when it all comes down to it wether you feel you got ripped off or not well that's between you and mike
4) I didn't think my grammar was that bad. and proof...like i said not my problem you want proof take it up with mike but again don't be calling me a liar when I don't give 2 s**ts about what happens other then making sure my bill gets paid as I have to pay it to my host. so please leave your problems between you and him.

also if you need prrof you can contact me in pm as I'm not posting my email in here as I don't wish to offer anything in this forum.

"all I care about is wether I get paid for my bill" Wow, that's a great attitude! Good luck with that.

devianthoster said:
1) it's not my job to stop anything I don't control his sites and what he does with it.
2) I'm a layered tech reseller I rented the server to mike whatvever happens beyone that isn't my doing.
3) all I care about is wether I get paid for my bill when it all comes down to it wether you feel you got ripped off or not well that's between you and mike
4) I didn't think my grammar was that bad. and proof...like i said not my problem you want proof take it up with mike but again don't be calling me a liar when I don't give 2 s**ts about what happens other then making sure my bill gets paid as I have to pay it to my host. so please leave your problems between you and him.

also if you need prrof you can contact me in pm as I'm not posting my email in here as I don't wish to offer anything in this forum.
Another possibility: if you are a "layeredtech reseller" (I doubt it, this middleman between the company providing the server and the hosting company is baloney, why would anyone rent from you rather than layeredtech directly?) but if you are, then there's the possibility that you are scamming Mike, telling him that the server went through 2.4TB of bw in just three days. I don't think it's even technically possible :shame: , especially when the server was down at least 50% of the time, like you know, and that was over a weekend where traffic is low for everyone... and I repeat, I got 5 visitors per day, myself and three friends I emailed about the site. :p

server was down for like 3 hours at one point due to your sites eating the cpu......I don't actually know why he rented from me......and I gave mike my login to my client area so he could see the graphs for himeself .
also if you weren't so determined to accuse everyone of scamming everyone else.people might be more willing to help you such as I have a total backup of your sites.

devianthoster said:
server was down for like 3 hours at one point due to your sites eating the cpu......I don't actually know why he rented from me......and I gave mike my login to my client area so he could see the graphs for himeself .
also if you weren't so determined to accuse everyone of scamming everyone else.people might be more willing to help you such as I have a total backup of your sites.
You have a total backup, good. Now, what am I supposed to do, beg? You know I have been wronged, and that kidnapping my backup and asking for ransom it's just adding to the injury. I have all communications with Mike, and not once he mentioned ANYTHING regarding bandwidth consumption by my site, not once. Then he suddenly cancels the account, hijacks the backups, and charges $2,400. That is after Mike promised he would let me download the backup, he even sent me some non-working username and password combination, I have every email to prove this. He knew the right thing was to return the files to the owner, myself. So if you are not Mike like you say and are on the right side, you would allow me to recover my files.

I was looking for some posts by Mike on this forum to show that MilleniumHosting.net really did offered me unlimited bandwidth, and that he did indeed had the Platinum plan going for $42 with 80GB hard disk and unlimited bandwidth.

Mike did not post here advertising the Platinum plan I signed up for, because in this forum it is forbidden to post "unlimited" or "unmetered" bandwidth. But he did post on this forum this other plan (and as of this writing he has not edited the post), he offers 500GB bandwidth for $14,50 a month in a post dated October 11th:
the thread is here:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77167&page=1&pp=15
Deluxe Plan
Disk space 25,000Mb/25Gb
Bandwith 500,000Mb/500Gb
Monthly Charge $14.50
Site Builder
24x7 support
Instant backups
No contract!
99.9% uptime guarantee Or We Will Credit You
30 day money back guarantee
Free / Instant setup
Domains Allowed Unlimited
Subdomains Unlimited
FTP Accounts Unlimited
MySQL Databases Unlimited
And you can see that this plan is no longer the same on the MilleniumHosting.net site, proving my assertion that he did indeed edited the bandwidth and prices of each of his plans, but he is still offering 500GB for $25 per month, check it out: http://www.milleniumhosting.net/modules.php??op=modload&name=ShopStop&&service=1

And it gets even worse, he still offers a get three months for the price of one:
For the month of October Millenium Hosting Is Offering this special. Pick a plan that you want and pay for your plan and you will recieve 2 months free thats right 2 months free. Pay for october and dont be billed until January. --Millenium Hosting
As you see in the quote above he still has a promotion on (he forgot to edit this part of his site, it's still right on the front page) for paying for just one month and you get two months free. This means for the example above, you would pay $14,50 and have three months of 500GB each (1,5TB for $14,50!) with generous hard disk and ram.

So if he is offering 500GB for $14,5o with two months free, you know I am telling you the truth that his $42,50 "Platinum" plan offered 80GB hard disk and unlimited bandwidth. He even had a footer at the bottom of the page on the Millenium Site saying "don't ever worry about running out of bandwidth, even if you have a free account, I will give you all you need, unlimited bandwidth. I want everyone to be very, very happy."

The above offer on the thread posted arose suspicion from Danny (username Scene Power), who asked Mike:
1/2 a standard server for $15/month? Thats impossible, explain how its done. Danny
I also asked Mike via email how come he could afford to do this. He said he owned the server, had it payed for, and could do whatever he wanted, even offering absolutely free hosting with unlimited bandwidth. He saw this as a way to promote his brand new hosting site, and said he would later charge newer clients more money.

So Mike answered, in the thread here on this forum in response to Danny/Scene Power question:
Im Not Overselling Im Not Out To Make It Rich I own My own servers so I dont have to pay anyone else so I can afford to sell cheap. --Mike
Read the above answer from Mike on this thread, in this forum:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/...67&page=1&pp=15

By the way, on this forum Mike writes that he owns his own server and doesn't have to pay anyone else, which is the opposite of what DeviantHoster has been saying here. Deviant says that Mike owes him money for the server... check out Mike's words right on this very forum:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=77167&page=1&pp=15

So I ask the members of this community forum to help me out here, I need to recover my files and move on after this awful experience. Now you all have read that Deviant says he has full backup of my account. Please weigh in and recommend him to allow me to download the backup. Help me out guys, I trusted Mike also in that he said he would do daily backups for free, so I did not keep my own backup. I did a lot of blog writing in those three days of hosting, and I really would like to get my files back.

Last edited:
Just as you are not legally obligated to pay him, he is not legally obligated to give you your files back.

Bottom Line: You messed up. Unless he will willingly give you your files back, just start over at another, reliable host.

Tree NC said:
Bottom Line: You messed up.
How exactly did I "mess up"? I signed up for hosting, put up a blog and started writing... three days later, with absolutely no warning or indication of anything the account is cancelled and the big charge comes, despite express, written promises to the contrary.

You went with a company that offered outrageous resources. Not an extrememly smart move on your part. Although it is not your fault in the slightest, it could have been prevented.

How much space and bandwidth do you really need for a blog? People these days. Greedy, greedy, greedy.

I really think that this should be solved with more privacy. This argueing between the two parties involved in a public forum helps no one. As of now there has not been hard proof (screen shots of bandwidth usage and etc) by either one of the involved parties. So until either one of you is able to do that I suggest you settle this via private emails or phone calls.

After everything is sorted out, then maybe you can give everyone an over-view of your experience with this host.

Back