• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"Millenium Hosting" is BIG SCAM charged $2,400 after 3 days of "unlimited bandwidth"

bolonki

Folks, I had the bad fortune of signing up with milleniumhosting.net for an unlimited bandwidth plan last Thursday, and started to set up some blogs during the weekend. Yesterday night the account was cancelled for no reason, and a PayPal bill was sent today for $2,400 (after three days of extremely defective hosting, plagued with down time, apologies, terribly slow when it was up, he claimed he was installing two Xeons on the server)
Sorry to have to suspend your sites, as agreed your monthly hosting fee is waived. Your bandwidth overage was 2.4tb. The charge for this overage is $1 per gb or $2400.00 for the month. I will release your files to you after you satisfy your overage charges.
Mike
As you see, this guy wants to keep my files and will not 'release' them until I pay 24 hundred dollars. He claims I used 2.4TB in three days ("hosting" down all the time, by the way) and the funny thing is that the plan was supposed to be of "unlimited" bandwidth... BEWARE

By the way, the $42,50 per month plan that I signed up for at www.milleniumhosting.net read like this (now he has edited this and all plans):

# Platinum Plan
Disk space 80,000Mb/80Gb
Bandwith Unlimited
Monthly Price 42.50
Site Builder
24x7 support
Instant backups
No contract!
99.9% uptime guarantee Or We Will Credit You
30 day money back guarantee
Free / Instant setup
Domains Allowed Unlimited
Subdomains Unlimited
FTP Accounts Unlimited
MySQL Databases Unlimited
CGI
PHP
Perl
Python
SSI
FrontPage
Curl
GD
Image Magick
Streaming video and music
Free module Installation
Pop3 accounts Unlimited
Web Mail
E-mail alias
Auto responders
Mailing list
Catch All
Spam Assassin
Mail Forward
IMAP
SMTP
Latest cPanel And Free Updates
Fantastico And Free Updates
And Much Much More

Last edited:
Can I ask a question? What part of that site made you say "Oh yeah, thats a host I want to sign up with?"

No Sarcasm intended, I really want to know what was attractive, or what indicated that this was a professional host.

After you answer, I'll go ahead and have the guys over at PHP-Nuke verify that he paid for that software to remove the Copyright Code from it. ;)

Great question HottWheelz, I had over 24 emails with him, Mike Erwing, before signing up. Here's what he wrote, check also what I had written to him:
From: mike@milleniumhosting.net <mike@milleniumhosting.net>
To: Bolontrack <bolontrack@gmail.com>
Date: Oct 11, 2005 5:20 PM
Subject: Re: Offer at FreeWebSpace.net and Platinum Plan
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Trash this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?

I also want to add the reason the site is having problems today is because
i moved all my files to the main directory on my server so all everyone
has to do is go to www.milleniumhosting.net instead of
www.milleniumhosting.net/php this is why i was experiencing difficulties
today on the site like sign up and log in the forum seemed to be fine
until i tryed to log in so i am working on that now. and if you have
doubts about millenium hosting i am will to do this to build your trust i
will offer you 30days free hosting for the platinum plan to see for your
self no money upfront no nothing just to try our service and see im not
filling words i cant uphold i will give you free for 30 days the platnium
plan to see i am a upfront hosting company

> Hi Mike,
> Yes, I have tried signing up for the forum and the link to activate
> membership doesn't work. At that point I realized that milleniumhosting
> doesn't have a track history, and I sort of got cold feet because I have
> been burned before pretty badly. Everything sounds good, but so it did the
> last time: once I paid the guy disappeared with $39 I paid, he's name is
> "soybean" in the freewebspace forums and "nayble" on webhostingtalk
> forums... another worry I have is that perhaps you won't be able to afford
> the $65 or so that layeredtech charges for the Sempron server and I will
So he established trust by saying he will give me 30 days of the "unlimited" plan for free. By the way, I was only hosting a bunch of WordPress blogs, and the domains are new from last week...

I'll give you a free site just for having to endure that. Stop by my forums in the signature and request it, or if you like, start a new thread here and receive multiple offers for a free or paid hosting account. (Whichever you really need) and evaluate carefully every offer.

Did you notice his entire paragraph was a run-on sentence? ;)

hottweelz said:
I'll give you a free site just for having to endure that. Stop by my forums in the signature and request it, or if you like, start a new thread here and receive multiple offers for a free or paid hosting account. (Whichever you really need) and evaluate carefully every offer.

Did you notice his entire paragraph was a run-on sentence? ;)
Yes, a run-on sentence... actually reviewing his grammar and style I probably got taken by a 15 year old or something. I appreciate your free hosting offer, but I am planning to add a site that has a lot of traffic and your biggest plan offers 60GB bandwidth, for that site I need about 1.000GB. I will follow your second suggestion and see what the offers are like. Thanks!

bolonki said:
Yes, a run-on sentence... actually reviewing his grammar and style I probably got taken by a 15 year old or something. I appreciate your free hosting offer, but I am planning to add a site that has a lot of traffic and your biggest plan offers 60GB bandwidth, for that site I need about 1.000GB. I will follow your second suggestion and see what the offers are like. Thanks!

Hmm u need only 1.000gb ? if so check the plans we offer . Plus note contact www.bbb.org and file a complaint against him and keep all the emails u recieved and sent to him to be produced as evidence . Please everyone be warned of such scams that are happening now a days. pirate2

No problem, start that thread and I'll assist you in pointing out some of our colleague/competitors who are definately worthy of such things... Only issue is the amount of bandwidth. Just shy of One Terabyte is quite a bit to find for free.

a1whs.com said:
Hmm u need only 1.000gb ? if so check the plans we offer . Plus note contact www.bbb.org and file a complaint against him and keep all the emails u recieved and sent to him to be produced as evidence . Please everyone be warned of such scams that are happening now a days. pirate2

Hey, no he needs 1000gb. In countries outside of America, they tend to use a decimal in respect to our comma. I'm assuming he may be from South America, Mexico, Spain, or other parts of Europe.

Ok Hotweelz but for 1000gb My freind u need to get dedicated server for urself. That is only option than , and we can get you good deal depending only on ur budget.

Plus hotweelz u drunk today why the double posting u done it already 2 times.

Sorry about the lack of comma in the 1,000GB. HottWheelz is right again about assuming that I am from a Spanish-speaking place (he would make a great detective, like Columbo or so, and he's Italian I read).

Right now I need for sure 700GB but the site is growing in visits so 1,000 to 1,500GB would be ideal.

bolonki said:
Sorry about the lack of comma in the 1,000GB. HottWheelz is right again about assuming that I am from a Spanish-speaking place (he would make a great detective, like Columbo or so, and he's Italian I read).

Right now I need for sure 700GB but the site is growing in visits so 1,000 to 1,500GB would be ideal.

Oh so it will be non-english site , than i would suggest make ur budget atleast 120$ per month and get urself a dedicated server u can even sell ur own space if ur not using so much bw permonth .

a1whs.com said:
Oh so it will be non-english site , than i would suggest make ur budget atleast 120$ per month and get urself a dedicated server u can even sell ur own space if ur not using so much bw permonth .
I don't see why the language makes a difference? Is Spanish more expensive? :) I know Spanish uses more words to say the same thing... but more bandwidth? Actually, Spanish compensates for more words by being spoken much faster than English... just remember Speedy Gonzalez, wasn't he a fast talker?

Very odd situation here! Well let me know if you need hosting, we're always here to help. I think the most tell tale sign of a bad host is their gramatical and spelling errors. I don't approve of some of the hosts that even posted in this thread *cough* *cough*. I would probably offer what you need for $70/month. Just because of the bandwidth.

Ciao

Last edited:
bolonki said:
I don't see why the language makes a difference? Is Spanish more expensive? :) I know Spanish uses more words to say the same thing... but more bandwidth? Actually, Spanish compensates for more words by being spoken much faster than English... just remember Speedy Gonzalez, wasn't he a fast talker?

u fail to understand me . Language doesnt make it expensive but makes it harder to get hosting on USA based servers if site language is not english .

utcrazy said:
Very odd situation here! Well let me know if you need hosting, we're always here to help. I think the most tell tale sign of a bad host is their gramatical and spelling errors. I don't approve of some of the hosts that even posted in this thread *cough* *cough*. I would probably offer what you need for $70/month. Just because of the bandwidth.

Ciao

He said Ciao, wasn't a hint at me was it?

No, you have perfect english. I'm more directing my underlieing comments at a1whs.com. Ciao is just a new sign off phrase of mine. :)

Cheers

Back