• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Microsoft Proposes Acquisition of Yahoo!

Hmm.... that'd be weird. Also, what'd they do with YIM? Would they add featured to MSN from it, or what :eek:

Also, MSN/Yahoo! search engine sucks anyways so.... meh :lol:

What next, Microsoft buying out Google?

Although I guess Google is just as big as Microsoft now. Mannn, that's a lot of money.

Google would never sell out to Microsoft, that much I am possitive.

As far as Yahoo! Selling out to Microsoft -- we shall see if it even happens.

As far as I am concerned, if Yahoo! sells out to Microsoft, a lot of people will be unhappy. Microsoft will probobly screw up Yahoo! and make their search engine even worse than it already is (I don't use Yahoo! and MSN Search anyways).

Even if Microsoft and Yahoo! do combine, it doesn't mean anything will improve -- in the long run things may change for the worse.

Either way, Google will still be leading in the search engine industry.

When somebody tells you to search for it on the internet, what do they say?
They say "Google it!" not "Yahoo it!" or "MSN IT!" -- Its always Been "Google It!"

No matter what Microsoft does, Google will remain the leader

Microsoft wouldn't be allowed to buy up Google. There's that whole monopoly law.

And google have said that they don't want people using "Google" as a verb, because they think it kills the brand. Especially if you say "Google it on MSN" :p

They might have luck in competing with Google in the search engine game, but that's just it - "luck". You see Microsoft is a software company, Yahoo! is a portal company, and Google is a search engine company. Truly, if you can't beat Google, join (or buy) Google. But unless M$ offers infinite billions of cash per second to Google, it's not happening.

Google would never sell out to Microsoft, that much I am possitive.

Everyone, and I mean everyone, has a price. Some people might have considerably higher ones but that doesn't mean there isn't a figure. Microsoft has deep pockets and I wouldn't be surprised if they did buy Google. Don't mistake what I say though, I have no reason to think or believe they are buying Google any time soon. I just wouldn't be caught off guard.

Microsoft wouldn't be allowed to buy up Google. There's that whole monopoly law.

Actually, Microsoft could buy Google if they were so inclined. The laws regarding monopolies have nothing to do with the scenario because a monopoly is where one individual or business controls all of a certain product or service for consumers and therefore can use their position as the sole provider to unfairly price their goods or services.

There will always be thousands of search engines to be found on the internet along with other places that offer similar services to those Google has to offer, so I don't see how you could consider Microsoft owning Google a monopoly.

The reason they want yahoo is for the search engine though, they're trying to compete with google. They really should just give up, Google is much more than a search engine.

The reason they want yahoo is for the search engine though, they're trying to compete with google. They really should just give up, Google is much more than a search engine.

I believe that in Asian countries especially, Yahoo! is more popular than Google. Yahoo! is very widely used, just because you use Google doesn't mean that millions of others don't.

Microsoft had already initiated partnership with some Yahoo! products such as the messenger service, it was only a matter of time before they wanted more.

Something like yahoo.com.cn? yahoo.co.id? yes, i guess that's right.

From what I saw, people who are new in computer will usually use yahoo. The "pro" one will use google.

yeah, i heard about this last week. going to be interesting to see if yahoo takes it since i heard they made a proposal once before, but, for a lot less.

Yahoo would be crazy not to. I don't want it to happen, but that is a ton of money, more than they might be worth.

I just wish Google Talk+AIM+MSN+Yahoo would get their IM ---- together, have cross platform ability, but let us use whatever client we want. I love gaim...er, Pidgin, but I love GTalk. If GTalk could be my AIM+MSN+YIM, I think I'd use it 100% of the time.

Outside of that, I like them being separate. Competition is good.

Yahoo would be crazy not to. I don't want it to happen, but that is a ton of money, more than they might be worth.

I just wish Google Talk+AIM+MSN+Yahoo would get their IM ---- together, have cross platform ability, but let us use whatever client we want. I love gaim...er, Pidgin, but I love GTalk. If GTalk could be my AIM+MSN+YIM, I think I'd use it 100% of the time.

Outside of that, I like them being separate. Competition is good.

I bloody love google talk too. There is a hack to get MSN and that to work on it but it's very annoying and time consuming if you change your mind (and doesnt always work).

I've had to stop using Pidgin cause everytime it signs on MSN a hundred or so popups come up saying "blah blah has to be resyncronised" and takes 5 mins to click OK on every one.

Back