• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Microsoft announces IE 7

If I read correctly at /.

the antivirus/antispyware should be free for personal use, but sysadmins (busniess users, esentially) will have to pay for it.

a good move, and they seem to have bought the right companies to take into their Death Star and create some sort of super weapon.

I'm a big fan of Microsoft. However, I'm not switching back to IE 7.0. Sorry Microsoft, you're a little too late and made me wait too long for an update. I switched over to FireFox and enjoy all the perks, including not having to constantly scan for spyware and adware.

FF became my default browser a while after 1.0 was released, and I don't like changes either. It took me a painfully long time just to get accustomed with 1.0... so I don't think I'll go back to IE 7.0 unless they add code that makes Gecko browsers obsolete.

I'm a big fan of Microsoft. However, I'm not switching back to IE 7.0. Sorry Microsoft, you're a little too late and made me wait too long for an update. I switched over to FireFox and enjoy all the perks, including not having to constantly scan for spyware and adware.

Amen! I am a loyal Firefox use too! I will never switch back, perfect reason, I downloaded a bad file the other day and LOADED my computer with Adware. I have fixed it since but it all hijacked IE some of the programs were supposed to hijack the home page and add toolbars but none of it affected Firefox. I just had a really bad Desktop Pop-up Adware thingy! It is gone now!

Spyware designed for FireFox is starting to appear now. Spyware and virus makers go where the people are, and thats Microsoft. But due to FireFox getting a larger fan base, spyware and stuff for it is coming out as well.

I personally have 0 problems with spyware, and I don't use a spyware scanner. I use Spyware Blaster, which "enables protections" - whatever that means - and it doesnt let spyware get installed. Period. After a few months of using this program I downloaded spyware scanners just to see if Spyware Blaster was doing its job and no spyware scanner I downloaded could find a single piece of it.

I am a big fan of Microsoft - having legit copies of Windows and Office and all - so I am going to switch to IE 7 as soon as the final, non-beta version is released.

Well that is true about spyware going where the people are but I am happy with Firefox. I was just saying though. And I am starting to hate microsoft. I like Apple way better now bc it just works.

i agree ie sux but the msn suite is not to shabby.......i have the 9 subscription and love every minute of it....especially with children in the house

I have been a Mozilla user for around 2 years and don't plan on going back. I am pretty loyal once I get attached to something.

Firefox is my default browser, but if this new IE 7 introduces the same quality of speed, customizability, and most of all, conformance to standards, I would probably switch back. Possibly. Nah.

Back