• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

[Merged] Human Rights In Nigeria

Originally posted by Webdude

That's not true, but is for a different thread.

I am not sure what law it is, or even a law, but on dateline, they made a story about this, even when the female was doing a adultry, and had a child that is not his, after the divorce, the male still have to pay child support for the child. and the goverment responded saying. why should a child suffer, something about if he doesn't pay child support, the child won't ground and lead a good furture and will suffer.. some crap like that.

As i read the responses in here, its obvious the opinions are mostly sexist fromthe females in here.
I dont see you same women objecting to the countries that cut off a mans "willy" (as it was put in this forum) when he commits adultry or rape.

anywhoo

That country has ITS LAW(s)

people live there should know the law

America has its law, people live here should know the law.

Just the same with Australia

America allows the death penalty across the country, does that make America any better than that country and their laws or ways of "EXECUTING" those that break punishable "LAWS" ?

is DEATH any different if you ELECTRICUTE a person instead of HANGING them ?

DEATH is Barbaric no matter HOW YOU "SUGAR COAT" it.

Originally posted by ibfw
America allows the death penalty across the country, does that make America any better than that country and their laws or ways of "EXECUTING" those that break punishable "LAWS" ?

is DEATH any different if you ELECTRICUTE a person instead of HANGING them ?

DEATH is Barbaric no matter HOW YOU "SUGAR COAT" it.

The issue isnt HOW she's being put to death, it's WHY. As for your views on executions, a man who kills another person in cold blood deserves to die. I believe the courts should leave the punishment decision up to the victim's family. Given a choice, some would tell the courts to give the criminal life in prison, others would chosse death by *insert allowed methods here*.

Now here are my definite views. If you were to kill one of my kids or wife, you better hope the laws gets to you before I do....because I wont kill you, that's too easy on you. I would send a shattering bullet thru both your shoulders blades, elbows, kneecaps, and ankles. That ensures you will always be in pain, hence you will always remember WHY you now live with that pain. Then on top of that, I would shatter your backbone at the waste ensuring you can never walk again. I would then do everything I could to ensure you get life in prison instead of a death sentence. There wouldnt be a day in your life that you wouldnt remember the day you killed this man's loved one.

Many people are anti-exoction, until a loved one is murdered...then they change. I am pro-exocution....unless a loved one of mine is murdered if I catch the killer before the law does.

Originally posted by Johnny
O well, to bad for that nigerian women, that is there law, and she know the punish for commiting that crime. Like united states we have the death penalty. Why should we and the goverment execute someone as revenage, I find that very barbaric but o well. The real reason for the dealth penalty is to save money. and the reason for that penalty in nigera is probably to prevent adultry.

"If you're not pissed off with the world, then you're just not paying attention".

You like happily in your childish, selfish little bubble, and don't worry about anyone in the world but yourself. I know several people like you - 'Oh, I guess that sucks, but oh well, who cares?' You can't say 'She knew the law' when the law is corrupt and unreasonable by international standards and acceptable morals. Giving birth is the most beautiful thing we have in this life, and being executed for it is disgusting and whoever let this pass should be ashamed of their very own existence.

BTW, I would just like to point out that the Christian bible itself sets very harsh punishments on committing adultery (I believe that it encourages the death sentence in this case). Seriously, if you're Christian and are against this woman's death, then you are contradicting yourself.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Seriously, if you're Christian and are against this woman's death, then you are contradicting yourself.
This is the 2002....not the dim dark ages :mad:

The issue isnt HOW she's being put to death, it's WHY. As for your views on executions, a man who kills another person in cold blood deserves to die. I believe the courts should leave the punishment decision up to the victim's family. Given a choice, some would tell the courts to give the criminal life in prison, others would chosse death by *insert allowed methods here*.

Punishment should never be base on the decision of the victims family, if that would ever happen, people would be executed there and there. If punishment was up to me and they ever catch those bastard who burgarlized my house, and tie up my brother and mom in the during the process. I would have choose death, the "tailban style". and besides, majority of american people are no to intelligent, why do you think the eletorial colleges are for? our founding father kknow that american aren't that intelligent and can't depend us and decideing the leader.

Originally posted by 11Fire01
hi

does it matter why a person is killing a person - a murder is a murder, doesnt matter why he does it.

bye

well there is 1st degree murder, 2nd degree murder, i dont' think they have a 3rd degree murder, they also have 1st, mansalugther, 2nd degree manslaugher. there is also justify homocide. they all are different, and other involve somone getting kills. and some of them you get very little prision time or no prision time.

Fire01,
I guess you believe in the idea of the aztec king, no matter if the murder is in self defence, a murder is a murder, you must pay by getting execuated.

hi

guess you believe in the idea of the aztec king, no matter if the murder is in self defence, a murder is a murder, you must pay by getting execuated.

k, maybe it was to generally :rolleyes:

but in self-defence you have no choice, either he or yourself. If a murderer comes to kill me i wont hesitate - who not ...

The state plan the murder. The state has the choice what it ll do. Prison or with itend to kill.

Now you can say the person who is going to be killed (sacrifice???) has no choice too, but the relationship has a choice after!

I dont believe it ll ever stop that such people exist

bye

Originally posted by 11Fire01
hi

k, maybe it was to generally :rolleyes:

but in self-defence you have no choice, either he or yourself. If a murderer comes to kill me i wont hesitate - who not ...

The state plan the murder. The state has the choice what it ll do. Prison or with itend to kill.

Now you can say the person who is going to be killed (sacrifice???) has no choice too, but the relationship has a choice after!

I dont believe it ll ever stop that such people exist

bye

?:confused: dont understand what you trying to say.

hi

i tried to say:

who has the choice to kill people and do it with intend to kill is a murderer - doesnt matter what the murderer did.

hope you can understand (read) it. :)

bye

Self defense also covers defending family and property. Here in Texas, we are allowed to defend self, family, and property with deadly and lethal force. It is unfortunate that many states have gotten rid of the self defense laws. Like in Ohio, they say dont take the law into your own hands. So I guess you let the person kill you, and then you file charges 3 hours later when the cops get there :rolleyes:

Jan, just because mankind grows, it doesnt mean God's laws for him does. You may think stoning a woman to death for adultry (actually adultry is married but sleeping with another, it's fornication we are talking about here.) is repulsive, the God of any religion finds fornication every bit as repulsive.

Religious talk aside, I believe there is more to this story. Why would a woman have sex outside of marriage knowing it could end in a death sentence, unless the man was promising to marry her but never carried out his promise?

Not to be a preacher or anything, but some of you have a misconception about Christianity. In the Old Testament, there was no forgiveness for such sins. Then comes the New Testaments in which Jesus brought forgiveness. He didnt change or take away any of the old laws, but he did add to them. One such thing is that if you truly feel guilty about what you have done, you can ask for forgiveness, and your slate wiped clean. So if this woman is Christian, then she is being wronged. She would have asked her God for forgiveness for her sins....and I believe any religion allows for such, but the religious zealot crazy leaders tend to ignore that part and kill someone for a sin simply because they have the power to do so. Just like our politicians here, they pass stupid laws and rules just to get their names in the book and hope everyone knows who they are :rolleyes:

Self defense also covers defending family and property. Here in Texas,

Really? I don't know if this United states or only Ny, but I know that in NY you will be charge if you do any harm when trying to defend property. you can not use self defence to defend your property.

The law officials, judges, attorney's, prosecuters, etc all say the same thing here. Dont shoot to wound them, shoot to stop them. Yeah that sucks about NY. Someone can sit there and and do whatever they want to all your property and then get out before the cops arrive, and there's not a danged thing you can do about it. And they wonder why NY city has a higher crime rate than ALL of Texas. Here, you rob my house, I can shoot you in the back while your running down the road in order to regain my property you stole. That's assuming you somehow make it pass my two guard dogs outside, and one inside.

If you survive, you will then be charged with criminal tresspassing, breaking and entering, burglary, and several other various charges. Texas is a very bad place to be a bad guy...

The law officials, judges, attorney's, prosecuters, etc all say the same thing here. Dont shoot to wound them, shoot to stop them. Yeah that sucks about NY. Someone can sit there and and do whatever they want to all your property and then get out before the cops arrive, and there's not a danged thing you can do about it. And they wonder why NY city has a higher crime rate than ALL of Texas. Here, you rob my house, I can shoot you in the back while your running down the road in order to regain my property you stole. That's assuming you somehow make it pass my two guard dogs outside, and one inside.

If you survive, you will then be charged with criminal tresspassing, breaking and entering, burglary, and several other various charges. Texas is a very bad place to be a bad guy...

well i suport that you are not allow to defent your probably, cause lets say I am don't like jews, black, and whatever, and I shoot them to death and say these bans of terrioist stole my tv, vcr,, dvd and try to get away with it, by saying, they try to steal my property and i did whatever I can to stop them. BTW I don't know if its true, but I heard that there are more racism in the south expecally in mississippi.. and I know for sure the white supremist groups are more open in the south.

BTW if a burgaler try burgarlize your house, you can shoot him and kill him, here only if they have a weapons. then you can show in court that you try to defend yourself and not your house.

Also one more thing, the property word is burgarlize a house, not rob, cause when you rob someone, you tell that person to give them your wallet, a house can't do that. A very common mistake my teacher (former DA) say alot of people often do. :D

Dont shoot to wound them, shoot to stop them.

how you going to stop them if you not going ot wound them? when you wounded, usually mean you can't move fast anymore, or move at all. :p

Religious talk aside, I believe there is more to this story. Why would a woman have sex outside of marriage knowing it could end in a death sentence, unless the man was promising to marry her but never carried out his promise?

I heard today that she has said she was raped. But in a society such as the one she lives in, how can she prove it? Men are seen as so much more respectable, worth so much more than women, in Nigerian society, aren't they? It will be her word against his, and no prizes for guessing who will be deemed more trustworthy if the society really is how I am presuming it is...

Even if she wasn't raped, the man should be punished. Last time I checked, it took two people to create a baby the good old-fashioned way.

I've read in some book that in Nigeria, in court, it takes 2 women to have the same effect on the judge as one men.

in other words,
2 women = 1 men

1 men = 0.5 women (her oppinion dosnt count then)

So 1vs1, the women looses her trial automatically.

Back