• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Melbourne's Hottest Day Ever!

I think it got up to the 49 degree in Mildura and it's like 47 in Avalon aright now. I'm looking at the sky and all I can see is black smoke produced by the bush fires in the Dandenong area. And the wind is slowly pushing the fire towards one of the major power generators in the easter suburbs. And there is no sign of the white clouds and it's like five hours until the sun goes away. For all I know we're all doomed.

ye, theres a crap load of smoke around.

If we loose power, im headin to the beach earlier than i planned!

Here in Eaglehawk, in the suburbs of Bendigo, our sky is full of dust. There's no sign of a blue sky at all. We can vaguely see some small white clouds showing through but the sky is a musky gray to red color.

Temp at the moment is approx 46 Degrees Celsius.

Edit:

Just heard there is a bush fire behind us at Maiden Gully.

Last edited:
Oh man!

What a day.
Have not been on today because the power was off. Also, we had to evacuate Leah's brother and his family. Went up his street and it was black from smoke. Luckily the Firefighters had taken control of that sector before it reached his street.

However, over 50 homes have been burnt in the Bendigo region. Not sure yet about Melbourne.
I do know that throughout the State of Victoria, over 40 people lost their lives. It's frightening.

It's far from over as there are still many fires burning in the area as close as 1 mile from us.

Bush fires are scary. That was always my biggest fear when I lived in Tasmania. They are copping some very hot weather in NSW too, with death from the bush fires :( Seems an arsonsist is to blame for those fires too. Stupid bloody idiots.

Bush fires are scary. That was always my biggest fear when I lived in Tasmania. They are copping some very hot weather in NSW too, with death from the bush fires :( Seems an arsonsist is to blame for those fires too. Stupid bloody idiots.

Agh, my aunt has a holiday home in Tasmania and she was saying how she too was scared of fires whilst there. She lives in Aus and is scared of them there too, I don't get it - WHY LIVE NEAR FIRE?

Agh, my aunt has a holiday home in Tasmania and she was saying how she too was scared of fires whilst there. She lives in Aus and is scared of them there too, I don't get it - WHY LIVE NEAR FIRE?

Tasmania is in Australia :p

You think we build houses when there is fire raging nearby? :rolleyes2 We do NOT live near fire, the fires gatecrash our properties.

The amounts of Phone Calls and Text Messages I have been receiving from home are unreal since the Irish Media got wind of the fires in Victoria.

fpp_firetoll4-620x0.jpg

fpp_fires4-620x0.jpg

Last edited:
Hope you guys/gals, friends and family are all safe. It is now showing up on our local news here in small town USA

108 Reported Dead!

2 Deaths in Bendigo. One guy in a wheelchair and one woman in her 80's also perished.

It is claimed that the fires in Bendigo were deliberately lit.

That's now gone to 131.
One guy went back to his house to find what he could save and found his kids dead. :(

Back